- j -

"Knock,knock!" called out a sweet, slightly raspy, but very female voice. Harry rushed to meet the person and Draco slowly followed, trying not to draw too much attention to himself. When he came around the corner he saw a beautiful woman.

She had warm brown skin with long straight, dark brown hair. She was tall and curvy, but also had a very kind face. Huge brown, doe eyes, a button nose and plump pink lips sat on a freckle spattered face with no makeup to be found. She wore a loose tee with tight fitting jeans and a pair of stark white trainers.

It didn't take long for James and Teddy to come down the stairs only partially dressed rushing to give the woman a hug as well.

"Oh," she started with a grin. "Look at my boys!"

"Hey, Aunt Val," said Teddy with a smile. Draco noticed his hair stayed traitorously dark brown around this muggle woman and he scowled.

"Aunt Val, it was my birthday yesterday!" shouted James excitedly and she smiled at him.

"I know and I have a present for you, little one," she said while tapping a finger on the smallest Potter's nose.

"After he finishes getting dressed, of course," insisted Harry, pointedly looking at both boys. She sighed playfully and agreed. The boys ran up the stairs, tripping over each other. He leaned in as though he were going to kiss her cheek but he finally caught sight of the tall blonde standing awkwardly in his living room and turned her around abruptly to meet him.

"Oh yeah! I told you I had a friend over, right. Well, Val, This is Dra-er" he cleared his throat. "DL. This is DL Black. Er...and DL, this is my girlfriend, Valeria Cross."

Draco's mask was in place almost instantly, but he hid it behind another. The face of a showman. He smiled at her kindly and bowed a bit dramatically causing her to laugh.

"S'a pleasure, Ms. Cross."

"Yeah, of course! Call me Val, please." She held her hand out to shake his as she stepped closer, looking at him in awe. "The kids absolutely love your music." She turned to Harry. "Though, you never told me you knew DL Black, Hare."

"Yeah," Harry said shrugging and rubbing his neck awkwardly. "We went to school together and he had a bit of a break this weekend so he stopped by for breakfast. He thought it'd be cool to take the kids to the park or somethings. You know, catch up a bit."

"Don't take it personally," Draco said talking to Valerie but staring directly into the other man's eyes. "He has a tendency to leave out information he doesn't feel is important." Draco looked back down into her eyes with a smile. "We never really got on that well in school, if I'm being completely honest, but he did help me get my first gig."

"It didn't happen quite like that," Harry said with his cheeks darkening.

"He doesn't like to brag," Malfoy continued, still looking at Valerie. "But I owe him my life. The thing is, he's so bloody oblivious, I don't think he realizes how many people would stop the world from spinning if he'd only ask."

She looked both proud and surprised.

"Y-yeah. I've been trying to tell him just that." She backed away from the pale man only just now realizing she was still holding his hand. "I can give Jamesie his gift and just come back later. Let you two catch up."