- p -

Draco took a deep breath before stepping on stage. The change was almost instant. His posture relaxed, he could breathe again, and when he looked into the audience he saw the faces of people who wanted nothing more than to hear him play his music.

The crowd noticed him and broke out into hoots, hollers, and cheers.

He stepped up to the microphone slowly before reaching over his shoulder and tugging the strap so that his guitar laid the correct way across his front. He looked out into the crowd and he knew that he had to start the set off with something that actually meant something. He had to make a statement. Not for anyone else, but just for himself so he could accept what was going on in his own life. He took a deep breath, smile still intact. He let it out through his nose.

"This song goes out to anyone who has always wanted something but never quite knew how to get it. It's not an original, not one of mine at least, but I thought you all would appreciate me being personal up here on stage and- you'll understand."

I can't sleep, no, not like I used to
I can't breathe, in and out like I need to
It's breaking ice now to make any movement
What's your vice?
You know that mine's the illusion

And all at once
I can help you out
I'll be what you need
I'll do anything
Goodbye Apathy
So long apathy

--:--

When the final chord ended it was with a bit of twang that had some of the audience in tears. Others were in different states of awed silence before they all burst into hoots and applause and screams.

The rest of the set after that was more entertaining than emotional, though they weren't as tame either. When the show was over he bowed a few times before speaking.

"Thank you for coming out to the show! I would like to thank the venue for allowing us to perform and I would like to thank all of you for your continued support."

The crowd cheered again as he smiled and exited the stage.

When he stepped into the lounge back stage his wand starting to spark. He picked it up and answered without checking to see who had called in the first place.

"Er- hello?" said a thick voice on the other end.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry, you're probably busy- I jus- I shouldn't have called."

"Harry?" Draco took a deep breath.

"Yeah...I'm s-"

"Stop apologizing. What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong."

There was a sniffle on the other end amd Draco rolled his eyes.

"So you cry every time you try to call me, then?" Draco said before thinking twice.

"I do actually."

"Fuck- Potter, I didn't mean-"

"I know. It's not you." He sniffled again. "Uh...Val broke up with me."

A small part of Draco's stomach flipped in joy at the news. The other part tired itself in knots because Harry was happy without him and in true Malfoy fashion he had to go and ruin it, even though he knew Harry didn't want any part of him.