- v -

The dinner, Harry decided as he sat back and ruffled his youngest son's hair, was delicious. The restaurant was beautiful. And everything was going great until a fan came up to Draco for an autograph. Then another fan joined that one, then another and another and soon they were causing such a commotion he had to leave the restaurant and sign things outside. That would have been fine too, except that meant  Harry was left to be the star of the show sitting in at a restaurant with his children instead of just grabbing something to go. He wasn't in hiding per say, but he tried to keep the kids out of the light as much as possible. He stood which made both boys look down dejectedly before following suit and allowing him to usher them from the building.

"-solutely love your rendition of Let Me Love The Lonely. It was seriously beautiful."

"Thank you," Draco says from in front of the sweet fan while signing what looked to be the back of her shirt. "I have a bit of experien- Harry?" The blonde says interrupting himself. He stands back up and turns to look back into the restaurant only to find his family at the door. "You didn't have to come out here. I didn't mean to ruin dinner..."

"Oh, you didn't. You left so the star power switched to me and I wasn't in the mood for having all eyes on me."

The paler man snorted at that.

"Potter, it's almost as if you're saying you hate the attention. That can't be, can it?" He said sarcastically while nudging the slightly shorter man before him.

"My cover's blown! How'd you figure me out?" The ravenette responded covering his eyes with the back of his hand dramatically like he was only moments from fainting.

"That's for me to know and you to only guess at." The blonde shot back then turned a bit and saw the rest of his little fangroup waiting for autographs. "I have a few more things to sign, I can meet you at the house if you'd like to take the boys in-"

"But we're not ready to go in, Dad!" yelped James Lucius racing over to tug on his Father's coat tail. "It's movie night, remember? We have to go to the cinema!"

A confused look passed over his face and Harry was reminded of the dorky wizarding Draco Malfoy he had fell in love with years ago that was new to the muggle world and even more so to being his own person.

"We're going to head over now, Jamesie," chuckled Harry lifting his son and tossing him playfully over his shoulder. "Let your father finish being famous. He'll meet us when he's done, yeah?"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world," agreed Draco, walking around Harry's back to place a kiss on James' forehead. The boy started squirming, forcing his dad to hold on tighter and shove the blonde man as soon as he was able.

"No kisses, Dad!" James ordered still squirming a bit.

"But-" he tried to protest, but the smaller boy beat him to it.

"Not in public, no body is gonna think I'm cool like that."

"Your dad is famous, does that not make you cool enough?" Draco motioned towards the slightly shorter man with a confused expression.

"Yeah," said James with a dramatic eyeroll Harry knew was Draco's doing."To old people!" Both men froze for a second and decided to shake it off. They were past that now. The boys would learn more once they got to Hogwarts. They both looked down at James who had paused for a second like he was weighing his options. Where he learned that, Harry assumed it was probably Hermione. "Can I watch you sign autographs?"

The blonde looked up and looked into the darker man's green eyes for confirmation that this was okay. Since coming back to be with his family, he had learned to step lightly. This- being with them- was a privilege he wasn't going to give up and he knew Harry too well to just assume everything the ravenette said was fine was really fine. He knew dinner in a wizarding place was pushing it even moreso being that he was having dinner with Draco and the boys. It was probably a press field day, on both of their parts.

"I don't mind," the blonde says shrugging, but still staring into those deep green eyes of the only man he could ever remember loving this much. "But you have to ask your dad first."

"Draco, you don't have to do that," says Harry scratching awkwardly at the back of his head, finally looking away and breaking their eye contact. "Of course he can sit with you. You're his father too...I- I'm not going to stop him from hanging out with you. Teddy and I will just go over and wait in the cinema. Right?" He looked down at the slightly older boy who smiled up at him and nodded.

"Yeah, dad! Of course. Why would I sit around with these losers," he joked before responding seriously. "I really don't want to sit out here watching him write his name over and over."

Harry laughed and moved to throw an arm over Teddy's shoulder when his phone started to ring. He eased it out of his pocket and looked questionably at the screen before eyeing each of the guys in front of him.

The boys are okay... Maybe that isn't the real Draco, he thought to himself, narrowing his eyes.

"Draco, where did we first meet?" Harry asked still looking down at his phone.

"Why do you want to-"

"Answer the question," he said sharply, nerves getting the best of him.

"Madam Malkin's we were getting fitted for our robes, you forgetful prat," he answered, the last part mumbled. "I don't see why that mat-"

That's definitely Draco, then. So who the bloody hell would be calling him from the Muggle Hospital? Harry thought panicked. He answered the phone with a shaking: "Hello?"

"Oh, Harry!" Draco heard a grieved voice on the other end. The voice spoke faster and got more worried as they continued and he couldn't understand what was going on anymore. He looked on as Harry's one smoking face fell into sadness before he bolted.

-&-

hey futher muckers.
i have the rest of this fic planned out
soooooo
yeah...bit angsty
but there may be sequel in the works
no promises 😋

hope you enjoyed this chapter
its pretty short

ehhhh i didnt want to post a supppperrrr short chapter
(why i haven't posting)
so i did add a little more to it

lemme know what you think

love y'all

-- angel janeé xoxo 💋