Part 15

Clover:

" Brian's coming right?" I asked as I helped with hitching up the trailer. I had to haul the trailer with Hailey well the others drove their cars. Well Dylan was driving my car because I was planning on racing. Hailey was our money keeper this time.

" Yeah but we have to be with the heist tonight he's starting to put it together." Dom said checking the truck. It was around three in the morning sense we were trying to get better spots. " Well him and Holly will probably be in the trailer when we leave." I told him. " I want you to be safe, Clover." He said. " I will just promise me you'll stay out of fights." I whispered back. " Lets roll out." Dom shouted rounding everyone up. I waited a minute watching Dylan pull out before rolling out of the garage.

" What were you two talking about?" Hailey asked. " That I needed to be careful." I told her. " Your always careful." She teased. Not always, I thought. " Describe race wars to me." Hailey demanded.

I tried to think. " It's like a legal street race with a lot more. We race there a lot because we make money. Still race chasers though. Imagine hay days." I told her trying to sum up the massive events. " It sounds insane." Hailey muttered.

" Hey, are you racing?" I asked her as I followed the team. " I don't think so. First time there." She said not sounding like her usual insane self. " Well to bad." I muttered. " You said something about leaving tonight." Hailey said. " No, Dom and I are going to go do something alone. You know like a date. Plus sleeping In the camper with eight other people is a bit insane." I made up a cover story.

" Oh, I wanted to make sure you weren't getting into trouble." I was about to respond but we pulled up to the gates of the old airport. " With them." I told the guy. He put a sticker on our trailer and handed me the wrist bands. The rest of the team had to park in a different trailer spot while I pulled into our spot near the flappy tent.

I got out and I finally was able to stretch. Dom grabbed my waist as I was standing on the outside. " Well hello." I greeted.

" Hello to you." He teased. Holly ran up to me. " Oh my god. This place is huge." She screamed. " I am going to go show her around." I told him. " Stay away from Tran." He told me as I placed my forehead on his. " Thank you mister Hulk." I laughed. " Hey at least I am your super hero." He said.

" You always will be." I told him.

I jumped down and wandered around with Holly telling her what things were. I noticed a bright orange car parked in front of my truck. Really pick a different place to park. I went and stood next to Dom who was enjoying the party mood. I started dancing in front of him swaying my hips to the music well looking him dead in the eye.

He smiled lifting his ears then took a swig from his drink. I started moving a bit more. I noticed Dom glare. He didn't like another's male attention on me. What he didn't know is that I only had eyes for him. " Hey guys we got a problem." Brian said coming out of nowhere.

" What's up?" Dylan asked about her boyfriend. " He raced Tran for pinks." We all stared at the white car speeding off. " He won't be back." I muttered. Tran pulled up In his ugly black car.

" Where's he going with that car?" Johnny yelled. " To wash it. Clovers going to help." Dom said trying to defuse the situation. I drove off looking for Jessie. I still had the slip Dom gave me telling me to meet for the heist.

I noticed the white and blue car parked near a park. I sighed and got out. There was the scraggly kid sitting on a swing. I sat down in the swing next to him. " Want to talk?" I asked swinging a bit. " No." Jessie said well smoking a blunt. I held out my hand for it. Weed kept Jessie in focus most of the time. I didn't really smoke and do drugs. Just a family thing not a thing against peoples life choices.