s i x

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise!"

"I hate surprises."

"You hate everything."

"Geez, how did you know?"

Mina was blindfolded as Chaeyoung led her to wherever their destination was by the hand. She hated not being able to see anything, since Chaeyoung could spin around and slice her neck with a knife at any moment. But, for some reason, she trusts Chaeyoung. She knows Chaeyoung won't hurt her.

Her four other senses were heightened, but it made no difference. There was nothing to touch, taste, or smell. She could hear birds chirping, which meant they were in the outdoors.

She swears to God if Chaeyoung kills her, she's going to use her ghost to haunt the smaller girl.

"Are we there yet?" Mina asked.

"Almost," Chaeyoung sang, gleefully.

A few more minutes passed, and Mina felt a light breeze push her hair back. Her hair wasn't always out, and Chaeyoung had pointed that out one time. Mina began wearing her hair out more. And it pleased Chaeyoung.

"Here we are! Take off your blindfold!"

Mina tugged at the piece of cloth covering her eyes, and frowned when it didn't come off. She struggled with it, receiving no help, and only imagining that Chaeyoung was staring off into space, a dumb, dreamy look on her face.

"Oh! Sorry! I must've tied it on too tight."

With assistance, Mina removed the blindfold, and took in her surroundings. They were on top of a cliff, a green, grassy cliff, complete with birds soaring overhead and a breeze passing by. It was a beautiful sight to Mina, who allowed herself to simply gaze off into the distance.

"I knew you'd love it!" Chaeyoung exclaimed.

Mina tried to hide her admiring look with a grim one, as she watched Chaeyoung set down a picnic basket that she had been carrying. She contributed no work to setting up the picnic, but the younger didn't seem to mind at all. Instead, she was happier to set everything up for Mina. As if she was trying to please the Japanese girl.

Would she really be trying to please the cold-hearted Mina? It seemed odd, since nobody would bother in trying to make Mina happy. Then again, Chaeyoung wasn't like everybody else. She was different.

"I hope you're hungry," Chaeyoung grinned, sitting down on the blanket, and taking out containers.

"How could I not? You made me starve the whole day," Mina muttered.

Chaeyoung giggled, casting Mina a bright smile. Mina noticed that her smile was different from usual. It was still bright, but even brighter, if that was possible. A sparkle was noticeable in her eye, and she sported a hopeful look. Hope for what? Mina spontaneously dying so she could steal her valuable chess set?

They began to eat, Chaeyoung explaining how she made each dish. Mina nodded along as she ate, only half-listening. Until Chaeyoung asked a question that made Mina choke on her kimchi.

"Have you ever had a girlfriend?"

Mina coughed, trying not to die from lack of air. The younger girl being so straighforward surprised her. But when she saw Chaeyoung blush, she knew this was not normal behavior for her.

"Why would you ask that?" Mina asked, taking a sip of water.

Chaeyoung shrugged. "I was just wondering," she mumbled, poking her kimbap.

"Oh...well, have you ever had one?"

"Remember Dahyun unnie?" Chaeyoung questioned.

Mina nodded.

"She was my first...that's why she was so rude to you when she met you."

Mina wasn't understanding. So what if Dahyun had been Chaeyoung's girlfriend? It gave her no reason to be rude to her. Unless...

"Hey...you don't, by chance...like me or anything, do you?"

Chaeyoung's face turned bright red. "Maybe...just a tiny bit."

Mina thought a flustered Chaeyoung was cute, adorable even. But she knew there would be no way that they could ever possibly date. Mina was too messed up for Chaeyoung. She would hurt the small girl on accident, and she didn't want that.

"Do me a favor."

Chaeyoung looked up at her, expectantly.

"Don't."

Keep on coming with those shipping suggestions. ^^