s i x t e e n

"...I'm sorry," Mina apologized for what had to have been the hundredth time. "I am so so so sorry...I should've never let her into my home, Momo. I should've never befriended her."

She stopped pacing in front of her living room couch, peering out the parted curtains of her living room. She could see inside of Chaeyoung's house, as the younger only closed her curtains when she went to sleep. The younger wasn't in her line of vision, so she sighed and continued pacing.

Mina's always thought herself pretty much emotionless while growing up. She never felt anything other than indifferent about any situation. On holidays, only a little flare of excitement would course through her veins for a split second before she resumed her usual ways. Her parents often took her to doctors and psychologists, but they all confirmed that she was a completely healthy child.

All the way until she met Momo. The Japanese dancer set her soul on fire that fateful day in the gym, when she first met the older dancing to some English song for her friends. Mina was only fifteen or sixteen at the time, experiencing stupid hormones that day. But she swears by it that her heart skipped a beat when the older made eye contact with her. She was so pretty, so talented, and so nice. It was hard for anyone to resist her.

They became friends, much to everyone's surprise. The 'emo Mina' was friends with Hirai Momo. It sounded like a cliche high school love story, especially when the two started dating a year later.

It was safe to say Mina was in love with Momo. And Momo? Mina was sure the older at least loved her back as well.

"You know what's my biggest dream?" Momo asked Mina one night, as they laid under the stars on a blanket in her backyard.

"What?"

"I want to be a dancer. Become a famous dancer and choreograph dances for girl groups in South Korea."

"South Korea? Why all the way there?"

"It's fun seeing them dance. Their dances are more complicated than idols here, no offense. Plus, it'll be so cool being in a new country with you."

"With me?"

"Yeah. You don't think I would leave you, did you?"

Momo gave Mina a bright smile that made the younger's heart race.

"I'll take care of you Mina. I want to give you the world."

But Mina wanted to be the one to give Momo the world. Instead, she gave Momo even less. She took Momo's life instead. One rainy night while coming from Sana's party. Mina had to drive, since Momo accidentally got drunk doing shot after shot. It felt weird to be driving since Momo did majority of it.

"Minaaaaa," Momo sang in the passenger seat.

"Yes?" Mina chuckled.

"I love youuuu. Like a lottttt. A whole lotttt."

"I love you too, Momo."

"I love you even more." Momo began to giggle uncontrollably, reaching for Mina's hand.

"Momo, I'm driving."

"Just one handddd. Your hands are sooo—" Momo hiccuped "—softttt."

Mina rolled her eyes and left Momo hold her hand. The rain pelted down harder, overpowering the windshield wipers, causing Mina to squint in order to see. She contemplated if she should pull over until the rain dies down, but they were almost home. And Momo could puke at any moment and Mina didn't want it to be in the car.

They stopped at a stop light, Momo pressing the palm of Mina's hand against her cheek and mumbling nonsense. Just being near Momo was enough to calm Mina and put her at ease. Enough to make her smile and laugh like she didn't do during her childhood.

The light turned green, and Mina hesitated before she pushed down on the gas. A piercing scream startled Mina, and right before it was too late, her head turned towards Momo to see two bright headlights speeding towards them.

Heavy tears rolled down Mina's cheeks as she fell down on the couch, pressing the picture against her chest. A sob escaped her lips, leading more to tumble out until she was sobbing and crying uncontrollably. Her heart hurt every time she thought of that night.

And then Chaeyoung had to go and steal the picture. Why? What good would come out of that?

Whatever the reason was, Mina hoped Chaeyoung felt satisfied. Because she would no longer talk to Chaeyoung for as long as she lived—

Mina grew quiet when she heard firm knocks at her door. She stood slowly, wiping her eyes and sliding the photo into her own pocket. Maybe it was Chaeyoung, but then she would've probably came sooner.

"Who is it?" Mina asked as calmly as she could.

She wasn't expecting the person to answer in her native tongue.

"I'm here to see Mina-San."

Nor for it to sound a lot like Chaeyoung.

Wow, look at me and my somewhat speedy updates!

I have a NaTzu fic being written along with a DahMo and a ChaeyoungxSomi one. And I'm also starting on another SaTzu fic since the first one was...yikes😂

But just tell me which one you guys want first :>

Or not and I'll probably choose the NaTzu one by default😭