n i n e

Chaeyoung hummed to herself as she knocked on Mina's door, a bag of takeout in her other hand. It had been a couple of days, close to a week, since Chaeyoung slept over at Mina's. And once Chaeyoung finally exchanged numbers with her, she couldn't stop texting the older girl. It was like Chaeyoung lived for Mina's replies, which she was actually surprised they came.

Mina opened the door without a word, her eyes puffy and red. Chaeyoung immediately frowned as she stepped in and closed the door behind her.

"Mina unnie, what happened?" She asked, voice laced with concern.

"Nothing," she sounded groggy. "Just woke up from a nap."

That's when Chaeyoung noticed the wrinkled clothes and the bit of dried drool on her face. She giggled at the messy hair and reached up to straighten it out.

"Oh. Well, I'm glad I woke you! Look at what I got for you, unnie!"

Mina followed Chaeyoung into the kitchen, muttering under her breath. She fell quiet once Chaeyoung took a tray out and opened it, showcasing the food inside. Chaeyoung not her bottom lip as she examined her friend's—could she call Mina her "friend"?—expression.

"You...you got Japanese food?" Mina questioned, glancing up at the smaller girl.

A grin broke out on Chaeyoung's face. "Yep! I remember how you talked to Sana about missing some of the food in Japan. And even though this may not exactly be what you've wanted, I think I came a bit close. I even got..."

The younger reached into the bag and pulled out two glass bottles, still grinning. "...Ramune! Sana unnie was nice enough to point out one of the few vending machines that had it, and I tried one. Oh man, it tastes so good! I can honestly see why you love it so—"

"Why are you like this?"

Mina's eyes were focused on her, red-rimmed still, but more alert and aware.

"What—"

"Why are you so nice to me? And after me being so rude to you? I don't deserve this treatment, Chaeyoung!"

Chaeyoung's expression didn't falter one bit as she sat the sodas down on the counter. "Because I like you—"

"I told you to stop! You can't—"

"I'm sure I can like whoever I want to like, Mina unnie. Including you. And you may not like me back, but that's okay. I just want you to be happy—"

"I can't be happy! Why doesn't anyone understand?"

The smile dropped, Chaeyoung frowning again at Mina. "Sure, you can—"

"No, I cannot! And I'm tired of people repeatedly telling me so without them knowing a thing about me!"

With that, Mina stormed off, and Chaeyoung heard the sound of a door slamming a few seconds later. She quietly got her food out and began eating in small bites until she felt that Mina had cooled off. It was maybe ten minutes later when Chaeyoung knocked on Mina's door, ready to apologize.

"Go away," came Mina's muffled reply.

"I just wanted to say how sorry I am, unnie! I didn't mean to make you upset—"

"That's what everybody says, Chaeyoung..."

There was the sound of footsteps before the door opened, showing Mina in a slightly worst state that before. She ran a hand through her messy hair, looking down at the smaller girl.

"I bet you don't even know what you're sorry for, huh?" Mina softly asked, a hard edge to her voice.

"Because I upset you, and I didn't mean—"

"Do you even know why you upset me?" Mina continued in her soft voice, something that was odd to Chaeyoung, given the situation. Her voice should've been louder, full of anger and irritation. But the Japanese woman just sounds...defeated.

Chaeyoung slowly shook her head. Mina scoffed and was about to turn back around into her room when the former said, "But if you give me a chance, I'd like to know! I want to help you, Mina."

Mina didn't say anything in response to that, just looked at Chaeyoung for a while. The smaller blushed, confused as to why she was being stared at. Until Mina walked around her and towards the kitchen, Chaeyoung following happily.

"Thank you for the food," Mina thanked, grabbing the closed plate and sitting at the table. It was lukewarm now, but she ate as if she didn't mind.

"It was no trouble at all," Chaeyoung beamed, sitting across from her with her own food.

Mina gazed at her for a moment before letting out a short chuckle. "You're...different. In a way."

"Why? Am I the only one who's brought Japanese food for you?"

"Well, yeah. But it's your attitude. Everybody else would have just given up with me and left me to wallow in my self-pity. Yet, you just don't give up. I'm not sure if it's because your perseverance, or you're just too thick to comprehend."

Chaeyoung shrugged at the insult. "I told you, I want to help you."

Mina shook her head. "It's too late."

I PROMISE THESE AREN'T FILLER CHAPTERS!! They really go along with the story, just stick with me!!

SaiDa will be out in a bit. Maybe a few days or so??