s e v e n t e e n

Chaeyoung chewed on her bottom lip whilst tapping her foot against the pavement. She really hoped Mina would open up, and that her Japanese was understandable.

Those lessons weren't for nothing then.

She perked up at the sound of locks, and internally rejoiced when she saw Mina peek her head out.

The Japanese woman frowned and immediately tried shutting the door, but Chaeyoung threw her small body in hopes that she was strong enough to keep the door open.

"Unnie, let me in! Please!"

"No! Go away!"

Chaeyoung continued pushing against the door, and was overjoyed when she found herself in the older's house. Mina was glaring intensely at her, pushing the front doo closed firmly.

"What?"

"I want to know what happened to your girlfriend," Chaeyoung boldly proclaimed. Upon seeing Mina's expression falter and begin to fall, she said, "Uh, ex. I meant..."

"How do you know about her?" Mina asked. Her voice was barely above a whisper.

Chaeyoung didn't want to rat Dahyun out again. "The tombstone says 'Hirai Momo'."

"And how do you know that?"

"I've been studying Japanese lessons. That's how I was able to speak to you earlier."

"Oh. Why—"

"Long story. I was trying to impress you, but I guess that's not really important right now. I just...please tell me about her?"

Mina frowned, crossing her arms. Chaeyoung really didn't like seeing Mina frowning, nor her pink, puffy eyes. She wanted to give the older a hug, but knew Mina wouldn't hesitate to reject her.

"It's in the past."

"But it's affecting you now. I promise I'll leave, I just really need to know."

Mina shook her head. "No. I can't—"

"It wasn't your fault, Mina."

The taller stopped mid-sentence, closing her mouth and opting to stare at the floor. Chaeyoung could see the cogs turning in her head, which had to be a good sign.

"You don't look harmful—"

"Tell that to my dead ex. It's my fault she's dead, no matter what anybody says. I should've..." Mina took a shaky breath, her voice quivering the more she spoke. "...I should've pulled over...It was so dark, so rainy...She was drunk..."

"You'll feel better once you tell it."

Mina rolled her eyes. "How would you know? You never got your ex-girlfriend killed."

"Er...no. But my grandmother always said that talking your problems out helps."

"Oh, did she?"

"Not exactly like that, but you know."

The tiny chuckle that left Mina's lips was like a stroke of encouragement, and Chaeyoung beamed. The younger took Mina's hand and led her to the couch.

"Please tell me."

Mina took a deep breath and released it slowly. "Fine. Where do I start?"

"Wherever you want. The very beginning?"

"Okay. I guess it all started in my childhood, when I was naturally emo..."

I'm sorry for all the updates but I'm excited and I just want to get everything out skskkssk

Maybe to make up for the long hiatus I accidentally took🤔

Anyways, I have one vote each for NaTzu, ChaeSom, and DahMo. I may just post them all around the same time and kinda pick and choose which to update at a time :D