e i g h t e e n

"...I should have pulled over," Mina was sobbing, Chaeyoung's small arms around her as she laid her head on the small chest. "I-I should have done something...Now, she's gone...And all—all because of me-e-e..."

"Shhhhhh." It was all Chaeyoung could really do at the moment after hearing such a tragic story. To lose your significant other in an accident that wasn't your fault must be tough.

But it all made sense.

Everything Mina said made sense to why she's this way today. Mina's naturally unemotional—or she just has a hard time showing her emotions. She stays in her home to prevent herself from getting close to anyone else. And all her efforts to get rid of Chaeyoung...

"Is that why you don't want me to like you?" Chaeyoung asked.

Mina, still sniffling, asked, "What?"

"You kept trying to push me away, unnie. Was it because of her? Because you'd feel like you were cheating on her?"

Chaeyoung wouldn't be mad. Even though she hasn't lost a girlfriend—or even really had one before besides Dahyun—it's reasonable for Mina to think that way.

"I, uh...kinda? I-I haven't thought about that. It was to prevent me from...you know, hurting you."

Under different circumstances, Chaeyoung would have laughed. Oh, Mina. Poor, poor Mina.

"You wouldn't hurt me," Chaeyoung assured.

"And how would you know?" Mina said, a bit bitterly.

Chaeyoung ignored the older's sudden change in tone. "Because I trust you, Mina unnie. I don't think you'll hurt someone you care so much about."

"Didn't you hear me? I killed my girl—"

"No, you didn't," the younger sternly insisted. "The truck did. The rain did. The stoplight did. The truck driver—accidentally—did. Bad timing did. You didn't purposely drive so the truck could hit you, right? It wasn't your fault, unnie, and you have to see that!"

It was quiet for a moment, aside from Mina's sniffling. When it was clear that Mina wasn't going to speak for a while, Chaeyoung asked,

"Did you go to a therapist?"

"No."

"Why?"

"They're all dumb and don't really know how to help me. I talk to Sana whenever I think about...her."

Chaeyoung nodded. That was good. At least she was talking to someone instead of keeping it bottled up inside.

They fell silent again until Mina stopped sniffling and just sat there. It was so quiet it was eerie and Chaeyoung wasn't too fond of it.

"I'm sorry about the picture," she apologized softly.

Mina waved her hand half-heartedly. "I should've put it away a while ago."

Chaeyoung hummed, drawing imaginary shapes on the Japanese's arm. She could feel the other's breathing begin to even as time passed by, the sky growing darker and darker. Yet, Chaeyoung had no intention of moving. She was going to stay with Mina throughout it all. She doesn't really know what she's doing yet, but she knows that Mina will need her.

"Unnie?"

"Hmm?" Mina grumbled out.

"I'm not going to leave you."

"Then stay the night."

The younger chuckled and shook her head at the misunderstanding. "No, I mean I won't leave your side. At all. I'll be there for you."

"...Really?"

"Yeah. I care about you a lot. And I like you."

"Still?"

"Yeah, it never really stopped."

"Wow. You dummy..."

Chaeyoung chuckled and held Mina tighter as she positioned their bodies so they can comfortably lay down on the couch. Yeah, maybe she was a dummy to still like Mina. But she'll be Mina's dummy through thick and thin.

Wowwww guys!

All we have left is the epilogue and I'm done with this story!!

Tbh there continuity errors throughout this story. I was reading back and completely forgot I gave Chae asthma for a reason :D

Oh welllll!

I'm really happy for all the support this story has gotten sksnsksns

Also be aware of new stories I'm publishing sosnsksn

I love you all!💞

(I also could've sworn I posted this last night, but I forgot I didn't have an image attached to it so ha :D)