III

Beyoncé

I parked my car in the usual spot outside the kids' school and scrolled through my emails while I waited for them to get out. Luckily for me, the middle school and high school were right beside each other so I only had to make one trip. Jay was picking up the twins from preschool so that was one less stop I had to make.

I was in the middle of emailing Yvette, my publicist, back when someone started knocking on the window. I jumped a little before rolling my eyes. These damn kids are always sneaking up on me, I swear. You think I'd be used to it by now. I unlocked the doors and watched Bella push Blue out of the way before climbing in the passenger seat. I just shook my head.

"Hey ma," Jeremiah said while getting in the backseat. Blue got in after him with a sour look on her face. I wanted to laugh but I didn't.

"Hi baby." I said while the kids got situated. "How was y'all's day?"

"Same old same old." Jeremiah smiled. I shook my head and looked at Bella.

"What are you smiling so hard for?" I asked. She looked like the damn joker.

"You're never gonna believe this." She said smiling.

"Believe what?"

"She's on homecoming court." I heard Blue say.

Bella turned around quick. "Blue! I wanted to be the one to tell her!" She yelled. "Why would you do that?!"

"Because you took too long. It's not that serious anyway." Blue shrugged. They started arguing and I sighed.

"Hey! Cut it out now." I said sternly. They shut up quick. "Blue, keep your mouth shut. Bella, tell me about homecoming."

"I didn't even–"

"Blue Ivy Carter." I snapped. "Try me if you want." She stopped talking and I nodded. I don't know what the hell has gotten into her lately, but I'm shutting that down quick. I'm not the one.

"Anyways," Bella looked at me and smiled. "I was nominated for homecoming court, which means I have to find a dress for the homecoming pageant within the next week." She explained. "Ten seniors were nominated and only five make it to the actual homecoming game. That's when they actually announce who's homecoming queen."

"When is the pageant and homecoming game? I need to make sure I clear my schedule."

"Pageant is the fifteenth and the game is the twenty-seventh." Bella said. I nodded and made a mental note of that.

"We'll go looking for a dress later this week." I told her.

"Okay." Bella nodded.

"Mommy, can we stop and get some food?" Blue asked. "I'm hungry. Lunch was gross today."

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Tacos." Blue said.

"Ooh! Can we stop at the taco truck on Hollywood Boulevard?" Bella said looking at me. "Please mommy, it has the best tacos. Swear to God."

"For real." Blue agreed. "Please mommy."

"Aye, I'm in too." Jeremiah held his hand up.