XXV

Jeremiah

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I groaned as I felt myself slowly waking up. I don't know how long I've been out, but it feels like a long ass time. My head was hurting and so was my chest. I didn't know why though. Do I hear someone talking?

"Jeremiah? Jeremiah, are you awake baby? Can you hear me?"

Uh, yeah I can hear you. Whoever keeps talking sounds a little distant, but I can definitely hear. I tried to say something but I could barely move my lips. They felt smooth though, so shoutout to whoever came through with the chapstick. I hate crusty lips. I ain't about that life.

"Jeremiah? Baby are you awake?"

Damn, whoever is talking in my ear will not shut up. I can't respond either cause my body ain't working properly. Let me try to open my eyes, that might work.

I started moving my eyelids and eventually I managed to force my eyes open. It didn't last long though because I started squinting as soon as the light hit me. Shit, it was bright as hell in here! Speaking of, where am I? I don't gotta clue. All I can hear is beeping and someone talking. I could literally be anywhere.

It took me a few minutes, a few as in 5-10, but I finally managed to open my eyes without wincing in pain. It was still bright, but it was manageable. I'm making progress and I guess that's something to be happy about.

As soon as I could see clearly I started looking around the room to figure out what was going on. It didn't help that I was still clueless, cause none of this looked familiar. It looked like I was surrounded by hospital equipment, but I wasn't in a hospital. It looked like I was in someone's bedroom. I frowned. Man, what is going on?

"Where am I?" I asked hoarsely. Damn my mouth is dry too. I need some water.

"You don't know where you are?" I heard someone say. I looked to my left and saw some woman sitting there. She must've been the one who was talking all this time. She was frowning though.

Did I look that rough? Damn this is embarrassing.

I started frowning too. "No. And who are you?" I asked.

The lady looked at me funny which made me kinda mad but I didn't say anything. Like how the hell am I supposed to know who you are when I ain't never seen you before? Females man.

"You don't know who I am?" She asked slowly. Now I was looking at her funny. Didn't I just say that?

"No I don't. Are you gonna tell me or are you just gonna sit there and stare at me? Not to be disrespectful, I'm just confused." I said honestly. I started rubbing my neck since it felt a little stiff while this chick got her head straight.

She sighed and got my attention again. I don't know why she's looking so distraught but I guess I'm about to find out. Let's see what's up.

"Jeremiah, baby, my name is Beyoncé Knowles-Carter. I'm your mother."

Wait, huh?

*****

Beyoncé

"You fell and hit your head pretty hard. You've been out for about fifteen hours. Your doctor said that you have a light concussion, but he didn't mention anything about memory loss." I explained slowly. Jeremiah still looked completely lost and it made me want to cry. I had a feeling something like this would happen, but I convinced myself I was only being paranoid. I've been sitting at his bedside this entire time praying, just praying and putting my faith in God that he would be okay. I'm thankful he's alive of course, but memory loss isn't something to take lightly either.