V

Jeremiah

"Aye for y'all just now tuning in, we got Jeremiah Carter here with us on The Breakfast Club." DJ Envy said into his mic. "Lil Carter, say what's up to the people."

I laughed and leaned forward. "What's up guys. I'm glad to be here, thank y'all for having me." I said. After the video with me and that police officer went viral, my parents put together a radio interview for me to talk about it and the reality of police brutality. They let me choose which station I wanted to do it for, and I chose The Breakfast Club.

"So let's get down to business. The video." Charlamagne started. "We've all seen it, we've heard your statements, but what do you have to say about it now?"

I sighed. "I mean, police brutality against black people has always been really bad in the US. You'd think we'd be moving forward since the civil rights days, but nah, we're still fighting for equality. I think it's real sad." I said shaking my head. "I'm lucky my friend was recording though, because I had no idea. I got pulled over because the officer thought my windows were 'too tinted' which they weren't, then he asked me to get out of the car. Things went south and y'all saw the rest. He had no reason to pull me over aside from the fact that I'm black and I drive a nice car. He was suspicious and made his judgement before I had the chance to talk with him. It's bull-crap."

"Well said." Angela nodded. "Thanks for sharing that with us, Jeremiah. I've been really curious to know, has legal action been taken against that police officer?" She asked. 

"Legal action has been taken. My parents are handling it." I said. "There isn't much I can tell you besides that."

"We'll take that." Angela said. "I'm glad to hear something's being done. Shoutout to Beyoncé and Jay for taking action." She nodded and clapped her hands.

"Amen to that." Charlamagne nodded. "What are your thoughts on police brutality, generally speaking? Like you said, it's always been a big problem here. What else do you want to add before you head out?"

I thought for a minute before speaking again. "I definitely think it's a big issue, especially in this country. Now I respect police officers and I appreciate their service, don't get my words twisted, but I don't respect the officers that abuse their power and harm innocent people, especially black people. It's an everyday thing too, it's not like it's a random situation. Everyday innocent black men and women are targeted for being black. What are we supposed to do when the people who are supposed to be protecting us are the ones who are killing us? We have to come together and take a stand against violence. I'm tired of seeing these young men and women getting shot over nothing. It's senseless."

"Good point, good point." Charlamagne nodded. "I agree with you man, every last word. I'm glad you seem to know what you're talking about. Sometimes we got people who come up in here and say complete shit."

"True that." DJ Envy nodded.

"I try to keep myself as informed as possible. I always want to know what's going on in the world, whether it directly effects me or not." I said. "Stay woke y'all."

"You heard him, stay woke y'all." Charlamagne said laughing. "Well Jeremiah, thanks for stopping by and giving us some insight on the situation. We're glad you're okay. Tell Bey and Jay we said wassup."

"Will do man. Thank you." I smiled and dapped him up. I went around and said bye to everyone before meeting my dad down in the lobby. I know he was listening to the interview on his phone.