XIV

Blue

"I'm so sorry." I heard McKenzie whisper to me. We were sitting in the lobby of her building, waiting for everyone's parents to come get them. The boys had already left so it was just me, Loren, Claudia, McKenzie and her mother.

I side-eyed her before looking straight ahead.

I didn't care if she was sorry. I knew something bad would happen and I went along with her stupid plan anyway. I didn't even have time to change before McKenzie's mom made us get our things and brought us down here. As if everything wasn't bad enough, I'm still wearing McKenzie's clothes. Clothes I know I shouldn't be wearing. I tried to sneak off to change but her mother wasn't having it. I have nothing to save me now.

"Blue, your mother is here." McKenzie's mom said. I looked up and saw my mom walking over to us. I'm just thankful my dad isn't with her because I know he would have a heart attack if he sees me like this.

I sent a silent prayer up to God before standing up.

My mom stared me down for a good two minutes before looking at McKenzie's mom. "Thank you for calling me. I apologize for Blue's behavior tonight, I wasn't aware the girls would be left alone without a parent. That wasn't mentioned when I dropped her off." She said with a smile.

Did you catch the shade? I did.

"Well I apologize for not mentioning it, it must've slipped my mind. I assumed my daughter was mature enough to stay home for a few hours with her friends, but it appears I was wrong." McKenzie's mom replied. Her mother is one of those snobby Upper East Side moms, like the worst kind, so I already knew what my mom was thinking. She never loses her cool though so I wasn't worried.

"It appears so." My mom looked at me. "Let's go."

"Mom–"

"Let's go." She repeated lowly. I grabbed my bag and silently followed her out of the building. I was shocked to see no paparazzi, like I get it's late but I didn't think they took any time off. I'm not complaining though. It's nice to be able to feel like a normal person for once.

I climbed into the back seat of the SUV after my mom and sat there quietly as we pulled off. I stared straight ahead the entire ride because I knew I might pee on myself if I look directly at her. I'm actually shaking. I know I'm gonna be in so much trouble.

Maybe I should try to apologize.

"Ma–"

"Shut up."

Ok then.

I sat back and kept quiet until we got to the hotel.

"Living room." My mom said when we walked into the foyer. I sighed and turned left, heading for the living room. I'm pretty sure everyone else is asleep so at least nobody will hear me getting screamed at.

I was walking over to the couch when I heard footsteps. Assuming it was my mom, I kept going.

"I know that's not my eleven year old daughter wearing that shit." I heard and nearly jumped out of my skin. I turned around and saw my dad sitting on the couch in his sweats.

I tried smiling. Maybe he doesn't know. "Hi daddy."

He just glared at me. "Don't 'hi daddy' me Blue. Why the fuck is McKenzie's mom calling us talking about you being alone with some boys? Huh?"