XXIII

Beyoncé

One week later

"Have a good day okay? Mommy loves you both so much

"Have a good day okay? Mommy loves you both so much. I'll see you in a few hours." I told Brooklyn and Sienna after walking them to their little classroom. I bent down and got a kiss from both girls before watching them run off inside. It was a bittersweet moment for me. I was happy to be back home and back on our normal schedule, but I was gonna miss having my babies with me 24/7. They were my light.

I sighed and waved to their teacher before making my way down the hall. I was passing the receptionist's desk when I heard someone call my name.

"Beyoncé!"

I slowly turned around and spotted a blonde woman walking towards me. It took me a second but I recognized who she was. I groaned softly to myself and resisted the urge to roll my eyes. She was the mother of one of Brooklyn and Sienna's little friends so I've spoken to her on numerous occasions, too many to be exact. I don't hate her, I would just rather avoid speaking to her at all costs. You know?

"Beyoncé, like oh my god, I haven't seen you in like for-everrrr!" Miranda exclaimed. I forced a smile.

"I know. We've been busy." I replied. "The girls are happy to be back though. They've missed their friends." I said laughing.

"Oh, I like totally understand. Kimberland loves little Brooklyn and Sienna. She's been like wondering what happened to them!" Miranda said. "But like now that you're back, you can like totally come to Kimber's birthday party! Should I like put you down for RSVP now or like wait?"

I sighed. "When is it?" I asked. I glanced at my watch and knew I needed to wrap this up. I had places to be.

"Two weeks from Saturday! I have like official invites and all that, I'll be sure to like send one to you!"

"Okay, well I'll do my best to get the twins there. If I can't bring them I'm sure their father can." I told her.

"Oh, even better!" Miranda said laughing. I raised my brow.

"Excuse me?"

She stopped and gave me that look. "I'm only kidding Bey. I'm like totally sure y'all's cheating days are over, TMZ doesn't know what they're talking about!" She smiled. I took a deep breath and counted to ten.

"I really have to go. I'll be sure to let you know about the party." I said slowly, feeling my face tighten uncomfortably due to my forced smile. Now I'm fine with smiling for a long period of time, I've been doing it for years, but it's so much more difficult when I'm irritated.