XXXVIII

Jay

"Don't be nervous, sweetheart. I'm sure it won't be anything too bad, okay?" Beyoncé told Blue while we waited for Dr. Sydney to return. She had to step out for a few minutes to consult something with another doctor so we're just chilling right now. Bey was doing any and everything possible to keep Blue calm, since she was nervous about what her doctor would tell us in a few minutes. Honestly I'm nervous as fuck too, but I'm not showing it. Bey and I gotta stay calm for the sake of our baby girl. If we're calm, she's calm. That's how it works.

"Blue, guess what?" I asked once I heard her rambling again. We were doing our best to keep her distracted but she's too damn smart to fall for our shit. Bey kept trying to talk to her about some girl group she likes and was even promising to get her tickets, but Blue wasn't having it. I don't blame my baby girl for being worried but shit, she's making me even more stressed than I already am.

Blue looked away from Bey and over at me. "What?"

"I wasn't gonna tell you this yet, but I figured now's the best time." I said shrugging. Blue looked slightly intrigued and I mentally gave myself a pat on the back. "Once they approve for you to get outta here, I'm taking you on a trip to Disney World."

"What!!!" Blue nearly yelled. Beyoncé raised her brow but I ignored her. She could yell at me later. I had to make baby girl happy right now.

"Yeah. Don't tell your brother or sisters though, it's confidential information." I winked. She happily agreed and I smiled. See? That wasn't hard.

"Sorry for the wait. Dr. André is one of our new hires and I had to explain something to him." Dr. Sydney apologized as she walked back into the room.

"It's fine." Bey told her. She sat up and so did Blue. "I don't mean to rush you, but can we please discuss what's been going on with my baby?"

Dr. Sydney nodded quickly. "Of course." She smiled. She held up her clipboard and started flipping brought it. "I want to begin by assuring you that Blue isn't carrying any diseases, which we're all very grateful for. I even ran another series of tests just to be sure." She informed us.

"Thank God." Beyoncé whispered. I nodded in agreement.

"What's causing the pain, though, is some internal damage mainly located towards her cervix, which is severely bruised. There also seems to be some mildly severe damage to her fallopian tubes. When we checked earlier this week the area was still inflamed, so we weren't able to see as much as we are now. But now I can confirm that this is what's causing the pain." Dr. Sydney explained. "We're going to prescribe you some medication that should help lessen the pain as you recover. If you aren't feeling a difference in the next two or three days we'll look into other options."

"Okay. But what does all this mean?" Blue asked quickly. Beyoncé and I both looked at her with a frown. We could tell she was getting upset again. Shit.

Dr. Sydney sighed. "Well, sweetheart, it means there's a 99% chance you won't be able to carry a child full term. Your cervix is weakened, which means there's a bigger chance that any pregnancy you have will result in a miscarriage." She said softly. I closed my eyes after hearing Bey gasp and took a deep breath. Fuck.

"What?" Blue said shakily. "I- I can't have kids?"

I shook my head and felt my leg bouncing up and down as I got angrier. I wanted to kill that nigga. He better be thanking the fucking devil that his ass is already dead. I would've killed his ass in the worst way possible.