VIII

Jay

I walked into mine and Bey's room tired as hell, but relieved I was done taking care of things for the night. I just finished putting the twins to sleep, which was a struggle alone since Brooklyn likes to talk until she's knocked out. That's something she gets from Beyoncé, not me. Usually Bey and I do it together, alternating between the twins, but I told Bey I'd take care of it tonight since she's been kinda detached from everything after Mama T dropped the bomb on us at dinner. I knew she was upset so I told her to go lay down upstairs while I handled everything.

This ain't the first time I've taken care of the kids on my own, but shit, it's a good ass reminder that I couldn't be a single dad. I mean I'm sure I could if I had to, but I'm lucky to have Bey by my side. We don't have bad kids, but they show their ass sometimes and it ain't fun to deal with alone. Bella still won't talk to me and it's easy for me to act like I'm not bothered, but I miss my baby girl. Bey made her apologize and she did, but even my man Stevie Wonder could see that shit wasn't genuine. I guess she'll just have to stay mad because I meant what I said, she's not having that party. No child of mine will disrespect me the way she did, and then expect to be rewarded for it. Hell nah. We'll just have to stay at odds for now.

"Bey?" I said as I walked closer to our bed. The lights were off, so I couldn't tell if she was sleep or not. She was laying completely still, and usually that meant she was out, but then again I know my wife. Not to be cocky or anything, but when Bey is upset or distraught about something, she can't sleep unless I'm holding her. It's always been like that, since the beginning of our relationship, but I'm not complaining because hey, what nigga would complain about holding Beyoncé? Not me.

Bey didn't say anything but she turned over to look at me. See, I knew she wasn't sleep. I walked over to her side of the bed and turned on the lamp before crouching down. I sighed when I saw my baby's tear stained face and swollen eyes. She's probably been crying since I left her hours ago. That breaks me man.

"Bey...." I gently wiped her tears away with my fingers before kissing her forehead. I felt her body start shaking so I knew she was crying again.

"I'm so scared." Bey choked out. I sat down on the bed and pulled her into my arms. She hid her face in my shirt as she cried. "I don't want my mama to die Jay. I don't know what I'm gonna do without her." She sobbed.

"I know baby. I know." I said lowly. "We just gotta think positive right now, and let mama T know we support her. That's all we can do." I let Bey cry it out and waited for her to calm down. I don't think she cries enough, to be honest. She let's all that shit build up and she ends up losing it. I do the same thing though, so I can't really talk. We're both growing still, even at this age. We probably gonna keep growing until we're in the grave too. That's life.

It took a few minutes, but once Beyoncé finally calmed down I had a plan. She needed to relax, and I could use some relaxing myself, so I had a solution.

"Come on baby. Imma take care of you tonight." I said while kissing her forehead. Beyoncé sniffled a little and looked up at me. "That's what husbands are for, right? Shit, we can't be completely useless." I smiled a little and Bey did too. Good, that was my goal.

Bey laid her head on my shoulder and sighed. "Thank you baby. For everything you've done tonight. I'm sorry I didn't help with the kids, I just–"

"Shhh, you always overthinking something. I told you I got it. The kids are taken care of. Everything is taken care of. Relax." I kissed Bey's cheek and rubbed her back. "Now it's time for me to take care of you. You're my main concern right now. Let's take a shower aight?"