XII

Blue

"Did you miss me?" I said panicked. It wasn't even that hot today but I could feel myself start to sweat, and I hate sweating. My nerves have always been bad and this wasn't helping at all. "Who wrote that? What is that even supposed to mean? Is someone after us?"

"Can you just, chill for a minute." Jeremiah said. He pulled down his sleeve and started wiping it off. I jumped forward and grabbed his arm.

"What are you doing!? We need to show that to mom and daddy!" I yelled. Is he crazy? That's evidence he's erasing!

Jeremiah shrugged me off and shook his head.

"Nah, it's just a dumb prank. It's stupid." He dusted off his sleeve before looking back at me. "It's not even worth bringing up. People like to mess with us all the time, this is nothing new. Just leave it ok?"

"Are you really that dumb?" I asked. Jeremiah looked confused and I sighed. "You don't think it's a coincidence that someone wrote this on your car right after someone broke into our apartment?"

"It's a dumb prank, like I said. Just leave it."

"But–"

"Blue."

I sighed and held my hands up. "Fine. But I still think we should've at least taken a picture or something."

Jeremiah shook his head and grabbed Brooklyn's hand. I was already holding Sienna's so I just stood there. I don't know if you've heard but they like to run and nobody has time to be chasing them right now. We don't need anything else going wrong today.

"Come on."  Jeremiah said and started walking.

I followed behind them with Sienna and we went inside the back entrance, miraculously avoiding all the paparazzi. Either they don't know there's a back entrance or they're not allowed down here, but really I don't care as long as they stay away from me. The cameras and flashes and stuff, it's never been my cup of tea. Brooklyn and Bella are the only ones who tolerate it. Me, Jeremiah and Sienna can't even do that. It's pure chaos.

We walked down the hallway to the elevator and took it up to the 5th floor. Once it stopped and we got out there was security standing by the door.

"Here to see your sister?" He asked and we nodded. "Okay. Follow me."

We followed him down the hall to Bella's room and I looked around as we walked. The floor was basically empty aside from a few people who worked here because our parents had this wing shut down, just so people who weren't supposed to be up here wouldn't be. It's the same thing they did when I broke my arm, but I was only here for two days and Bella's been here for a little over a week. I've been reading some of the articles online (even though our mom tells us not to) and apparently nobody knows exactly why Bella's here. I think the only thing they know is that she had to have surgery. Which is good because I know she doesn't want her business out there. I definitely wouldn't.

The security guy left us alone once we were outside Bella's door and I looked at Jeremiah. He wasn't moving so neither was I. "You go first." I said. He looked at me like I was crazy.

"Hell no, are you forgetting everyone's hating on me right now?" Jeremiah started shaking his head. "I'll explain why we're here, but you gotta go first. For my safety."