Chapter One

Scarlet was boarding the Hogwarts Express when ever she had started to think about her parents. She sighed and found a place to sit. Thoughts raced through her mind. What was she going to try and find out this year? What would she do to find out these things? Just then, someone had sat down beside her. It was Neville.

"Oh hello." She said. "Hello Scarlet. How was your summer?" He replied. Scarlet thought for a minute. How was her summer? She hadn't really done anything for summer break. "It was fine. How about yours?" Neville smiled slightly. "It was okay. Nothing too fascinating." Scarlet nodded and looked out the trains window. She really didn't want to talk to anyone at the moment. All she wanted to do was think about how she would try and get information about her parents. Neville seemed to understand, so he left her alone for the rest of the train ride.

"Scarlet are you okay? We've arrived at Hogwarts." A voice said, interrupting her musing. She turned her head to the source of the voice. It was Ginny. Standing next to her was Neville. " I have been trying to get her attention for ages." He sighed. Scarlet stood up and grabbed her bags. Ginny. had a worried expression on her face. Scarlet had noticed the expression. " I am fine. Just tired." Then she simply walked off the train.

After the years of being there she knew the school inside and out, she walked to the Great hall and took her seat at the Slytherin table. It was always the same. the same old people the same year. she felt down as she knew this was the last year she could stay at the orphanage. It almost brought tears to her eyes, she didn't know what to say or even do everyone thought and knew she was off something was bothering her. As she looked to the new first years being sorted she smiled as six new Slytherin's had came. the main ceremony had ended as prefects took them to the common room.

She did what she usually had done and started to search for her parents praying that maybe she'd find them this year, if She didn't she would not know what would become of her. She sighed this was going to be a rough year She headed up to the library. She then, ran into Ginny she thought to herself bloody hell Ginny was going to start asking questions? She hoped she was wrong but instead she was correct Scarlet looked up to her freckled face and fiery orange hair and green eyes at that moment She knew exactly who it was Ginny Wesley. Ginny looked at her and her sweet innocent voice struck Scarlet as she asked "Scarlet are you sure everything is okay?" She didn't tell anyone what was going on no one needed to worry about me she sighed either she lied and became a true Slytherin or told the truth and was given pity.

Scarlet looked up to her "Yes I'm fine Ginny just going to do some research" her happy eyes became sad "I know you're lying but that's okay it's obviously something you're not prepared to talk about yet just know you're friends are here when you need it" Scarlet sighed and climbd the moving staircase to the library as she reached the library she noticed most books were gone. "What happened here?" She gulped and ran for the last book that had the information she needed it was gone her knees felt weak as tears filled her eyesshe fell to the ground in puddle. She was a mess, her last hopes for finding her parents were gone, taken from her what was she suppose to do now? Her hope and faith was shattered

She had decided it would be best if she went to sleep. She got up and started to walk to the Slytherin common room. She kept on getting strange looks from other students. It must have been because she had tears streaming down her face.

She fought the tears rushing through everyone, seeing the the looks on their faces, she knew a Slytherin wasn't suppose to cry but at this point she had felt defeated almost as if someone was watching her every move and was one step ahead of her. She quickly went up to the girl dormitory and crawled into bed. She felt as if nothing could help her. Scarlet had never felt so broken.

It took Scarlet ages to fall asleep. She looked out the dungeon window and saw the waves crashing against it somehow she just thought to herself what if as her memories flooded her head all the beatings from the orphanage that would soon come to stop her tear stained pillow she finally fell asleep