Chapter Twenty Four

My head banged in fear as I woke up. I looked around to find myself in my bedroom, as if nothing happened. I examined my territory to find an unconsious body, red flaming hair blaized on his head. He was laying on a chair to the left of my bed. It was George. He looked dead, though he wasn't. His eyes fluttered open when he heard the bed creak. I watched as he looked bewildered. He was confused, and I was to.

" George?," I said as I walked over to him, he looked very solemn, " are you okay?"

George looked at me with a strange look to say he wasn't really in his mind right there. I took the message and decided to find out what happened. Though when I was nearing the door, I hit my foot on something and screamed in pain. I screamed so loud George came into his senses. My father didn't hear, which was a good thing. George rushed over to comfort me.

" Scarlet, are you okay? Scarlet?"

He asked as he looked to see what hurt me. He found a large trunk under the bed that was sticking out a bit. He lifted it and placed it on the table. Opening the trunk, we found it was just my school trunk. Though nothing was in it, my name was imprinted inside the trunk. I had noticed I still had my school robes on, I didn't change.

" Oh, I guess we passed out or something. You probably should go talk to your dad. Well, I guess we should pack? My stuff is in here to."

George motioned to the other trunk on the side. It was the same, though decorated in red and gold stripes. I walked away from him to find my wand on the bedside table. My wand was from Ollivanders of course, the best I could tell.

I walked into the shop one August morning to see Mr. Ollivander looking at me with a smile. I had tried many wands while I was there, though only one fit me. I had gone through a cherry and unicorn hair wand, a willow and dragon heartstring wand, even a yew and unicorn hair wand. Though none of them fit to my taste. I had gone through many many more until he finally gave up and let me choose. I grabbed three boxes and chose the first one, another willow though with phoenix feather. I gave it a flick and nothing happened, no spark. I also tried a chestnut and dragon heartstring. I gave it a worthless flick though nothing happened. I used the last one. Yew wood and serpent core, it was crooked though very mysterious. I gave a flick and a twist and the wand gave a spark. Mr. Ollivander was very pleased with which wand chose me.

Also on my bedside table was the books from this year. I shifted through them to find my Magical Drafts book and my Intermediate Transfiguration book. George was behind me looking at them all. He probably didn't understand half of them. I looked through more of them to find my 6th year books. Advanced Potion Making was first. I placed these all inside the trunk while George grabbed my wand for me.

" What type of wand is this?"

He asked.

" Oh, Yew, Serpent Core."

I replied as I skuttled to get my other 6th year books.

" Well, don't you have to take your quidditch equipment?"

" Aren't you to?"

I asked as I realized that I had forgotten my equipment. I scurried over to try to find it. It was inside my closet, my father liked to hide stuff. I also grabbed my potions equipment which were still inside my trunk. George also was packing alongside me as he joked around.

" Probably Flitwick wouldn't have grown much, maybe half an inch?"

We both laughed as we both put away our brooms. His was a Cleansweep while mine was a FireBolt.

George and I had finished packing finally after finding our hats which were under the chair.

" Well, lets go see your father then? He should be questioned."

He walked in front of me as he opened the door. We both walked down the wooden stairs to see my father cooking. It smelt a bit burnt, though I didn't say anything. He didn't seem to hear us so we just sat down at the table. It was close to midnight, so it seemed we were out for a whole day. He flipped the pan and banged at it. My dad seemed angry.

' Whats up with dad? '

I asked myself as George pointed at his motions. He seemed to keep burning whatever he was cooking, the feeling came back to him. My father whipped around to see me and George waiting.

" Scarlet! Your okay! George.......Well good you are fine!"

He seemed to hesitate on hugging George while he rejoiced. He looked at me and hugged me so tight my bones creaked. While he hugged me, I felt something strange inside, as if a strange feeling to go outside. I felt like I couldn't live without seeing the moonlight. Father knew something was wrong.

" Honey, are you okay?"

He felt me shaking. I could feel hair growing down my spine, teeth springing from my jaws. Large teeth. I could feel prickles forming. George stepped back and I could see myself changing. I was becomign a werewolf. I looked around to see my father scurring for the antidote. He came back and tipped it down my throut. I felt myself losing the large teeth and prickles.

" Fenrir probably got you, I'm sorry. You won't turn again, this is a permanant antidote. You'll be fine."

He said in a reassuring way.