Chapter Twenty Two

I looked at my father with a look of despair. My mother, dead? I tried to look away though he grabbed my shoulders and hugged me. I felt different. This hug wasn't normal, it felt almost forced.

" Dad."

" What Scarlet?"

" Why did...." I started though couldn't finish.

" Your mother, she got into a bad state." He looked sadder than ever.

I looked at him and waited, I had my chin on his shoulder. I felt tears trickling down my cheeks as I held on to my father. My father lets go to see me drowning in tears. I kept looking down so I didn't have to look ar him, I didn't want to. I finally had a mother, and she was gone. After all these years, searching, and she's gone. Though I couldn't bear to think of her leaving us. She would always be with us.

" DAD! WHAT HAPPENED TO HER!"

I screamed in pain. I felt my voice choking. He looked at me with agony and fear. He grabbed onto my shoulders with such a force. He finally answered.

" She was killed by Bellatrix Lestrange and Yaxley. All of the others fled.......while......she was left to save herself..........She.......didn't listen and tried to defeat them.....Though she was too weak....."

His voice broke off many times. He also had tears trickling down his face. He was crying like how I was. We couldn't stop. Without mom, our reunited family was broken. I finally sat down in his office forgetting my joy of O.W.L.S and N.E.W.T.S.

With my father finally getting back to himself, he looked around to fix his desk. It had many postcards from my mother and nonsense messages to my mother. Some were torn and some perfectly ready to be sent. I was scared for our family. We couldn't just leave this behind, I couldn't.

" Dad, we need to have a funeral.....For mom." The emotions came back to me.

" I know, we will have one, though not at the castle. I have a designated spot to do it. And few.....People will......Be......Invited."

His voice also trailed off like mine. We still had emotions in us.

" Well......when is it then?"

I asked with melancholy.

" Today we're going in a few hours."

He answered wiping his tears away.

I looked at him again and stalked out of the office. I didn't understand why he was so calm talking about the funeral. We might be with the Dark Lord, though we have emotion too, right? I walked away from his office and walked to the girl's dormitory. I saw the green dungeon as usual.

"Sea Serpent,"

I yelled and the dungeon opened its graceful walls. I saw people inside looking at me with sad looks. A Slytherin 2nd year said,

" I'm sorry for your loss"

with a path included. I ignored it and walked up to the girl's dormitory. Inside, Daphne and Astoria were chatting about something, probably Draco as always. I ignored them and unloaded my bookbag. Astoria noticed.

" Well, the 'death eater' is back. Heard about your loss, your very informative."

She walked over and grabbed one of my books.

" You are the potion master's daughter, right? You probably got a T in Transfiguration. Of course, the mud-bloods are the worst."

Daphne snickered in the background with the worst smile. I decided to apologize to my a father, I stormed out too quickly.

Once again I ran across to the main room and opened the chamber again. I stormed out in a flash and found myself in front of my father's office. I knocked on the door. He heard and opened the door. Before he could blink, I blurted.

" I'm sorry dad what I did. I didn't mean to storm out so fast, dad lets have the funeral now I think it's a good time."

I ran out of breath as I said it so fast.

" Scarlet, come with me."

He motioned and I walked behind him. We walked for some time until we were at the staircase towards the door. Flitch there, as usual, putting Ms. Norris with a strange motion.

" Why hello Professor Snape, you taking your daughter out?" He said with a weird tone.

" Yes, Flitch." My father answered shortly as he opened the door with a flick of his wand. We walked on as Filched at us with disgusted faces.

" No good! Everyone is no good!" He shouted behind us.

" We should hurry Scarlet." My father motioned me to walk faster, and I did so. We walked for several hours until we reached a pasture. It had trees hanging above a coffin. I sighed looking down

'mom,why, why couldn't you of stopped and listened to the other Auror's I swear on my life I'll kill her if it's the last thing I do I will get revenge on Bellatrix Lestrange'

I thought to myself slowly I felt almost as if it was my fault I could have been there and help her my father new knew I felt but as we go closer, I saw him George was standing there and he wouldn't even look at me, no one would everyone was here the Weasleys, Harry, The Advanced Guard, barely any of them would look at me all the condolence's to my father, I sighed was i really such a terrible human being.. I cried and sat on the ground as everyone else my father looked at me and walked over

"I'll leave you be it's just you and George here everyone else has left take as much time as you need just sleep well tonight we go home tomorrow"

George looked over at her he still loved her, but she was a death eater, he walked over to her sitting down and putting his arm around her he made up his mind he didn't care if she was a death eater she had her reasons but he loved her, he held her tightly as she cried into his chest he tried to sooth her.

"shhh Scarlet"

"it's okay she's not in pain anymore come on we should get you back to the-"

"No George you've avoided me for weeks! everyone hates me IM ONLY A DEATH EATER TO PROTECT THE ONES I LOVE BUT OBVIOUSLY ITS DONE NO GOOD"

George rubs her back letting my lay on his chest

"shh Scarlet I'm fine with you being a death eater I've mI've up my mind I love you and nothing will change that"

He got me back to Hogwarts as we said our final goodbyes, I sighed he got me into a special bedroom Professor Dumbledore had given me because of my mother's passing and the things with the girls he gives me a new private bedroom up in one of the towers in Hogwarts George Laid down beside me, and we fell asleep together I didn't get much sleep but it gave me time to pack for the summer.