Chapter Eighteen

I kept thinking about what Daphne would do with the Veritaserum. She could get secrets out of anyone, and she could blame me easily for it. Veritaserum takes over 28 days to brew and no one would believe she brewed it. She was too dumb for her own good.

" Look at that, she is too vulnerable for her own good."

Daphne's voice could be heard in the distance. It was straight black inside my dream, felt like dreamless sleep though a bit stranger. I could hear the shake of a bottle. The Veritaserum.

" Hey, Scarlet, a death eater? Couldn't have imagined it from a mud-blood."

Draco sneered in the background.

" Now her little boyfriend will leave her after this is out."

Parkinson replied with a joyful tone. She would like to see me in pain, and I knew it.

" What are we waiting for? Others have known and I got places to go."

Astoria groaned and I could hear footsteps walking slowly away.

" Well, Draco, go and tell them her dirty work and I'll have the bidding."

Daphne had an evil tone in her voice as Draco stalked off. The darkness left and I could see myself, pink haired as usual. Though I looked abandoned. Draco and Pansy were laughing while holding up my dark mark.

'What was wrong with me?'

'Why did I bother to hide it, if he and my friends loved me they would understand wouldn't they?'

I was wrong so very wrong, as my eyes opened and the darkness left, I was in the middle of a corridor all my friends...from every house, staring at my dark mark; I was running from the things.

'I was scared of what was I supposed to do now everyone knows. Im a follower of the Dark Lord but the truth of being a double agent; I couldnt spit out of my mouth

I looked around hoping for Georges face but that wasnt the case as Daphne pushed her way through the crowds of students, I saw a familiar ginger headed face...

It was George

He seemed as if he was lured by Daphne. George looked around as if he didn't know why he was there. He finally looked in my direction to see me; vulnerable and hopeless. His face turned from delusional too disappointed. He looked around for a solution to see I was the only thing there.

" Scar.......let."

He had his jaw dropped and he looked scared. I didn't want him to look like that, of course, I didn't.

" George, you don't have to think like that! You know if I was with the dark lord I would be the same person you love!"

He couldn't hear me since he didn't notice my lips had moved. The crowd drowned me out with moans and cries. I felt like my lecturing wouldn't help as Draco started to chant,

" The Dark Lord's Pet!"

I tried to find George again and saw he was stalking off, walking off and leaving me behind. I could see Ron with Hermione behind him and Ginny too. They had given up on helping me since they didn't try. Most of the people in the crowd were Gryffindors and Slytherins. Very few Ravenclaws and hardly any Hufflepuffs.

' What am I going to do?'

I thought.

I have nothing really to help me at all, and George is gone'

I couldn't help it but to drown in tears. I felt them stream down my face and sink into my pours. I saw students looking at me with a strange feeling. They looked as if they felt bad for me. The students weren't laughing or looking horrified, they were sympathetic. Draco saw the crowd dying and tried to reboot it. He walked around chanting the same balony. Though they didn't seem to see. Even Pug Face wouldn't stop trying to revive the party though, nothing worked. It took a few moments until I saw why the commotion had stopped. Professor McGonagall, head of Gryffindor house was with my father and the other heads of houses.

They had squirmed into the crowd without being noticed, probably Professor Flitwick's problem. Draco noticed and even got scared when he saw the stern look on my fathers face. He let go of my arm and stood as if nothing had happened. Parkinson also tried to stalk off towards the Gryffindors though Professor Flitwick was to quick for her. Professor Sprout looked pleased that her students didn't join the commotion under her gritted teeth. My father looked at all of us with a disappointed look, I didn't want to dissapoint my father any time. He looked at Draco, Pansy, than me with the same face. Until he spoke.

" What do we have here? Draco, 10 points from Slytherin and another 10 from Slytherin because of your erratic behavior. Minerva, take care of your students while I talk to my daughter in my office."

He started to push in between of the students and I followed. While I walked, students looked at me with smirks and sympathetic smiles. I didn't know if I could trust them.

We arrived to his office and I examined it as usual. It was the same as always, though the aroma was different.

" Scarlet, I know about everything."

he probably read my mind, to hide the mark from everyone but It didnt work out.

I sobbed still upset that Ginny, George and Hermione all walked off on me it had seemed like i was stuck in a time loop, repeating them walking away giving up hope on me, I was scared there was nothing i could do now...Maybe leaving hogwarts for a year was for the best of my ability even though months still to go, my father sighed he was pathient through my tears

Scarlet your stronger then this, they may make fun of you now and run around like fools acting as if there better, but you would never do such a thing to Draco, Pansy or Greengrass no matter what they did you would not sit by and tranish your house name for some envy or whatever has filled there systems

My father was obviously concerned.

"Dad, I'm sorry, I did all I could to hide my darkmark." I sighed and he motioned me to his bed to get some sleep. Classes would be canceled for myself for the next few days until everything calmed down a bit. I walked over and laid down falling asleep almost immediately, I knew nightmares would come my way. For a bit I could hear my father in the next room marking papers or writing letters until there was a knock. I laid quietly.