Chapter Fifteen

I let out a scream as I saw my father howling in pain.

"Dad!" I said, my voice cracking.

"Stay back," Peter hissed, "He is being punished, it will be over soon,"

The rat man held my arms behind my back, as I struggled to help my father. The dark lord continued to torture my father as I stood by, helpless.

"Why did you hide her from me, Severus?" He asked, his voice cold and cruel.

My father coughed, shakily standing back up, "You know who her mother is, my lord, I wanted to make sure that she wasn't swayed to that side, that we could trust her without her going running to her mother,"

"And you believe we can?" He hissed, "Well?"

"Yes, my lord," Dad said, bowing his head as he faced the dark lord, "She has immense skill, she's intelligent, she's strong, and she shares our values,"

"A Slytherin?" The dark lord asked.

"Yes, my lord, of course," My father replied.

"Tell me, Scarlet," He said, hissing slightly on the letter 'S', "Are you friends with the others in your year? The young Mr. Malfoy, Ms. Parkinson, the others?"

I shook my head, "No, my lord,"

"Why is that?" He hissed.

I sighed, "I am a half-blood, my lord, I only found my parents recently, and they see that as a cause to not be a true Slytherin,"

"That does not sound like them..." He hissed.

My heart pounded, "I assure you, I am not lying my lord,"

"What of Harry Potter? Do you know him?" The dark lord asked, his eyes glowing red.

I nodded, "Yes, I know him,"

"Are you enemies? Friends?" He questioned.

I gulped, "We are, friends of a sort. He sees me as a blood traitor, and he trusts me,"

I spat on the word 'friends' for emphasis.

"Good," The dark lord laughed, a horrible sound that chilled me to the bone, "You'll be the one to lure him into my grasp, where I can finally defeat him,"

"Anything, my lord," I bowed my head.

"If you fail," He said, "You will be punished. You've seen what happens if you fail me,"

"I won't let you down, my lord," I said, my eyes firmly on the floor.

"Good," He said, "You will receive your instructions during the school year,"

As my father walked me back home, tears started to well up in my eyes.

"Dad," I sobbed, "Are you okay?"

He grimaced in pain, "I'll live, focus on yourself, I do not want to see that curse used on you, don't fail him, I couldn't bear to see that,"

"Okay," I winced, "I won't fail, for you Dad,"

He pulled me into an embrace, hugging me tightly, "I can't lose you,"

I tried to hide my tears but I just couldn't I hugged him back shakily, We headed back to Hogwarts as we got into my father's room there had been standing my mother...Blistering red hair she was pissed I gulped my father looked at me and I looked at him knowing he was still in pain I sighed as he motioned me just to take a seat, I sighed as I walked over and took a seat I had held my breath as my mother spoke,

"Severus are you crazy?! taking her to the dark lord!"

"I didn't-"

He tried to speak but I cut him off quickly

"Mum...stop please the dark lord asked for me I went because it was what was right but.."

She had turned to her

"but what?"

Tears started from eyes

"He...he..used the cruciate curse on...dad"

I stuttered through the sobs Nymphadora was nearly shocked that her daughter her blood had to watch, that horrible curse Nymphadora hugged Severus,

"I'm Sorry"

He nodded

"it's okay"

From how upset I was I just couldn't handle it passing out my father had picked me up when my mother left and set me on the bed letting me sleep in his lap I cried in my sleep as that memory could only repla