Chapter Twenty Seven

" Why isn't anyone joining? I have everything ready! Or you'll food get cold!"

Mrs. Weasley called to us as George and I playing exploding snap. We walked side by side holding hands as we passed the hall and into the kitchen. The kitchen was small, though it was a very beautiful place. So many things can be in such a little place. Me and George sat next to eachother as the food got passed around. Turkey, mashed potatoes, apple sauce! Anything was there! I grabbed a handful of everything and started to dig in. I couldn't stop until my father stopped me.

" You do have manners right?"

He asked as he folded his tablecloth over his lap. Harry kept starring at my father with a sort of rage.

" Yes, I'm just not using them now."

I munched on a drumstick as I responded. George and Fred laughed and Ginny came in to. Ginny was wearing plain jeans, a sweatshirt, and a cute necklace.

" Why Ginny!! Why are you always late! Sit down!"

Mrs. Weasley yelled as Ginny sat down looking at her mother. She squinted than served herself. I liked Ginny, she was a bit different from me, though we were like sisters. I grabbed George's ear and whispered.

" I'm done, are you?"

It had only been a few hours or so, though I was done!

" Almost," he whispered than shifted, " mom, can me and Scarlet go and see our presents?"

He asked with a smile.

" George, oh well, I guess, it is almost midnight."

She said with meloncholy and than started to yell at Ron for no reason. Hermione just ate her mashed potatoes like normal, and Harry staring at my father.

We both walked down the stairs to the living area to see the big tree. We sat down and started to go over the presents. And Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Fred joined in a few minutes later. Ginny was stuck.

A Sugar Quill Lollipop pack from Hermione

A Auto Answer Quill from Fred ( I gave it back )

A Christmas Cracker from Ron

New Quidditch Gloves from Harry

A mysterious small box from George

An Advanced Potion book from father

A pack of quills from Mrs.Weasley and Mr.Weasley

I looked at George strangely, what was up with the tiny box? I thought he would get me a pack of exploding snap or something. I looked at him until he got the message. Everyone was there. Inside the room, looking anxious.

" Well, let me open it."

He smiled as he opened the small box. It was a red leathered box wrapped in gold lace. It was a beautiful box though it seemed different. He first got down on his knee, I thought he was tieing his shoe. He opened the box and started.

" Scarlet Diane Snape, will you......marry me?"

He stuttered as he smiled. My face turned fire engine red and shook my head. I couldn't believe it! I latched onto him and kissed him. I loved him, and I couldn't let go. He hugged me back as he put on my ring. Everyone clapped around us, and even Ginny from the kitchen. We heard the midnight toll ring.

" MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

Everyone yelled.

" CONGRATS GEORGE!!!!!"

Fred smiled at George.

" Congrats Scarlet!"

Ginny said from the kitchen. She was stuck.

We unlatched and he kissed me on the cheek. My father butted in. He wasn't clapping or anything, he was smiling big.

" Can I speak to both of you for a second?"

He led us to the other side of the room so no one could listen.

" George, you know about her protection. Do not ever leave her to go anywhere alone. She could be attacked easily. We are hunted, make sure to put many protection spells around The Burrow. I don't want anyone to get hurt."

He stopped for a second than continued.

" Please Scarlet, be careful. I don't want to lose you like your mother. I know, I might be gone at times, though don't go looking. Stay where you are, where you are safe. I love you, please don't risk it."

I looked at him like George did. We understood. I kissed my father while George shook hands. He nodded for us to walk away. George went to talk to Fred while I went up to talk to Ginny.

" Hi Scarlet! I'm so happy for you, George was ranting on asking you to marry him, he finally got the

guts."

We both smiled as we hugged. George came into the room with a grin.

" Tattletail!" He teased Ginny as we both walked out of the kitchen. I was gonna become a Weasley! We hugged eachother as Mrs. Weasley pulled us into a crunching hug. We both laughed as our bones creaked.