+ twelve

+ twelve

Baekhyun went to the dorms before heading to Busan. He wanted to confirm what he already knew--that Chanyeol was no longer there, but that he had left town to accompany Guti to some mariachi festival. On the cab ride there, he had booked a flight on his phone. When he arrived in the dorms, he asked the cab driver to wait for him. Then he climbed the six flights of stairs purposefully to find the floor he shared with the other boys. He barged into Chanyeol's room, knowing that the door would probably be open.

He found the bed was neatly made and a few of his belongings were missing from the closet. From the window, he looked across the street to Nari and Narda's apartment. All the lights were out and no one was home. 

From the dorms, he headed to the airport, getting back in the taxi. As he neared the airport, he got incoming calls and texts from one of their managers. No doubt Nari or Kyungsoo had told him about Baekhyun leaving the hotel and there was a punishment in store for him. But he didn't care. He ignored the calls, but read all the text messages without replying. All of them asked for him to return to the hotel at once. The more recent messages warned that there would be consequences for his disobedience. The EXO vocalist considered ratting his group mate out to the manager, but as mad as he could be at Chanyeol, he wasn't one to do something like that.

While it was true that he was going to Busan to shamelessly sabotage their date, he wasn't going to put him on the spot with the managers.

The flight took about an hour and he arrived in Busan around midnight. Now that he was more calm and had thought things through, he still hadn't faltered in his decision to find him and maybe even fight Chanyeol for lying and sneaking away with Narda. But he had seen a few flaws in his plans. For one, he didn't exactly know in which hotel they were staying in, and he didn't even have a ticket to the event. There would be people at the entrance checking for tickets and he didn't have one.

He took yet another cab to the first hotel he could find and solved his second problem on the way there. He was easily able to find the website selling tickets for the festival and bought one for himself, so that he would be able to get in. Though he had to wait about a half hour in the lobby of the hotel while they searched for a room for him, he finally got one and was in his bed by around two in the morning. 

Baekhyun couldn't sleep that night, picturing Chanyeol with his arms around his Guti. It made his blood boil. He wanted to go out and find them right then and take her away from him.

It was well into three in the morning when he finally drifted off to sleep.

-

Their first day at the festival had been a successful one of them mostly eating, and taking pictures together. Narda wanted Chanyeol to try all the foods at the festival. They started out with Mexican corn on the cob, which she fed to him and he ate happily. Then she dragged him over to a booth that sold tamales, then they had pozole, bunuelos, menudo, tacos, carnitas, carne asada burritos, nachos, birria, champurrado, everything they could find until Chanyeol could eat no more.

They listened to a few of the bands play some traditional songs and as the sun set, they went to one of the booths that sold alcohol and shared a few drinks. Narda warned him that they would have to pace themselves and have self control. She didn't want them to get drunk in a crowded place where strangers could take advantage of them.

The two were merely buzzed as they returned to the hotel after the sun had gone down. They got back to their rooms stumbling, with a bit of a struggle and Chanyeol got the door open. 

Narda went over to the bed and plopped down on it, too tired to do anything else. The drinks in him made Chanyeol a bit braver than usual and he immediately started tearing off his clothes until he was down to his boxers. Narda didn't notice, since she was now laying on her back in bed, eyes closed and feeling a bit like the room was spinning around her. She only moved when she felt Chanyeol pull the covers aside and jump into bed next to her. She shimmied side to side until she managed to get the blanket out from underneath her.