+ thirty two

+ thirty two

They had spend about four hours at the police station and when they got back to the hotel, Chanyeol offered to take her back to Seoul by train. But she told him they could return the next morning, that he didn't need to worry about her. Everything was fine now, knowing that the person responsible for what happened to her was to be put behind bars. He would never hurt another person again. She was also just tired of going back and forth, they had just gotten back from Mexico recently, and she wanted to get some rest. They decided to stay in the hotel the rest of the day and return to Seoul the next morning. For the most part, they had the television on and watched movies, calling for room service every so often for food. 

The entire time, Narda was cuddled up to her boyfriend, absently watching the television. Baekhyun sat on the couch nearby, watching the two of them with envy. He wanted to be the one holding her. 

As night time came around, Chanyeol and Narda took the bed to sleep in, while Baekhyun took the couch. Chanyeol had his arms wrapped tightly around her, as though afraid she would escape if he didn't. He fell asleep almost instantly, comfortably holding her. But Narda was unable to sleep through the night, and neither was Baekhyun. The couch was uncomfortable, but it was also more of the fact that he was jealous seeing the couple sharing the bed together.

Their room had a balcony that overlooked the city strip below and he walked out onto it, leaning his elbows against the railings. The moonlight danced beautifully off his hair, coupled with the faint sounds of the ocean nearby and the salty breeze that was coming in. Narda thought he looked just like a dream and wondered if she was actually sleeping or not. She watched him for a moment, until Chanyeol turned in his sleep and let go of her, shifting into a more comfortable position. That was when she saw it as her chance to climb out of bed. She tiptoed across the room quietly, her feet making no sound across the hardwood floor, startling him when she stood by his side, leaning on the railing as well. A hand ran across her dark brown locks, pushing the stray hair out of her eyes.

"Can't sleep?" He murmured a question at her that was highly obvious, but he didn't turn towards her. He continued looking out onto the lonely street below. 

She gave a small nod of her head.

There was a silence between them that felt eternal. Then he broke the silence and he spoke, following a sigh that escaped his lips. That sigh contained so many emotions--guilt, anger, and powerlessness. "It was my fault that happened to you." He said to her, convinced that it was true and that she might even agree with him. Maybe that's why she couldn't bring himself to talk to him again. She also felt that he was guilty for what happened to her. "If I hadn't arrived in Busan, bent on ruining your date with Chanyeol, then you would have never stormed off like that. It still fills me with rage that I wasn't around to protect you. I was too busy arguing with Chanyeol over you."

Narda shook her head, quickly trying to relieve him of that guilt. Even if they didn't talk anymore, she still deeply cared about him, and she knew what a guilt like that was like. She knew what it could do to a person. "I was the one who stormed off and I was the one who agreed to attend that party."

Baekhyun gripped the railing in his hands so tightly that his knuckles turned white. "Don't you dare blame yourself." He said to her, voice absolutely dead serious. He then confessed to her without any remorse, "Guti I'm glad you looked to me to hold you while we were in that room. Had it not been for that, I honestly don't know what would have happened."

She agreed with him on that, nodding. "I noticed." She said. When he finally turned towards her, surprise and a question in his eyes, she explained, the faintest hint of a smile forming on her lips as the though touched her mind. "I know you and Chan so well by now, and I know your personalities. You're more impulsive than he is. Chanyeol is a bit easier to control. But I knew I would need to find a way to hold you back some how. That was the only way I could think of at the moment."