+ thirty one

+ thirty one

It was still dark outside as the two boys made their way across the street, having left the dorm buildings through a side door that connected with an alley. Chanyeol got his key to the apartments out and opened the front door that went into the lobby. The two then took the elevator to the fifth floor where Narda lived with Nari. When they arrived at her door, Chanyeol knocked and she opened it after a moment. 

As soon as she opened the door, Chanyeol blurted out an apology. "He caught me sneaking back into the dorms with my disguise and he wanted to come along." But the look in his eyes was practically begging her, please tell him to go away.

But Narda took one look at them and was unimpressed by their attire. They wore dark sweatshirts for the light morning chill, skinny jeans, black caps, and black masks. The usual things they wore when they didn't have schedules and they didn't want to be noticed. But almost every time they were noticed by the media. The last thing Narda wanted was for anyone to find out why they were really in Busan. Her hands reached out for them, pulling the two boys into the apartment. She made them stand in the middle of the living room and walked around them, her mind drawing up ideas as to how she could make them go more unnoticed.

She hurried to her bedroom and opened her closet, sifting through her sweaters and jackets until she found the ones she was looking for. She then returned to the living room with two jackets slung over her arm. Narda tossed one at Chanyeol, and one at Baekhyun.

"These jackets belong to my dad and my brother." She said to them. One of them was black and the other was white. But both had one thing in common--they both had the name Mexico written out in big red, white, and green letters. They also had a little Mexico flag on the top side of the back. "Put those on and I swear no one will even suspect that you two are EXO members. They'll think we're all Mexican tourists. Just wear some sunglasses too, but no masks." She warned them. Wearing masks to cover their nose and mouth was an Asian thing, certainly not something that people in Mexico did.

The two boys did as they were told and Narda nodded, satisfied with the changes she made to their outfits. She then handed them backpacks for their clothes instead of luggage, and the three called a cab that would get them to the train station. 

The train ride there only lasted a few hours and when they arrived, they checked into the same hotel Chanyeol and Narda stayed in when they went to the Mariachi festival several weeks back. Just being in the same town again brought the memories--the ones she could remember at least--pouring back into her mind. She walked into the room slowly and gulped back, getting lost in her thoughts. Chanyeol walked in behind her, setting their bags on the side by the door, and last was Baekhyun. At least--Chanyeol thought--she had been right about their outfits.

That one simple change made them almost invisible, no one even looked twice at them.

Baekhyun walked up and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, and for the first time in a while, she didn't run away or flinch away from his touch. But he knew it had nothing to do with her forgiving him or anything. It was her reverting to a child-like state, like the time they found her on the beach. The trauma was far too heavy for her to even think about the other problems in her life, including being mad at Baekhyun. 

Chanyeol noticed this and was struck with pangs of jealousy. How she was so comfortable with Baekhyun, and it also caused a prick in his chest because it showed him who she truly wanted to be with. In her time of need, she was looking to Baekhyun for comfort. He walked over to her and took her hands in his, pulling her into his arms gently for a hug. She absently settled into his arms and as she felt his arms wrap around her waist and his chin rest on her forehead, she snapped back into reality for a moment. Her arms wrapped around him as well and gripped the material of his jacket desperately.