+ twenty seven

+ twenty seven

Narda begged Chanyeol not to tell anyone--not his family, not even the other EXO members. She didn't want the news getting out because she knew it would not only be bad for his career, but people would probably attack her like they'd been doing with another kpop idol. She had read in the media that BTS member Taehyung was reportedly dating Kyra Damm, a childhood friend of his. Some BTS fans did not take it well and started harassing the non-idol who also seemed to have emotional instability issues. Narda wasn't sure if she'd be able to handle it well either, getting so much hate from people. 

She had already experienced it to some degree, when it was found out that she was Baekhyun's sasaeng fan. The death threats and letters had died down exponentially in the last few months. But she still got scared that one of the fans might one day actually hurt her.

But the truth had a way of getting around, and neither Chanyeol or Narda could prevent it. It was a mere two weeks before their departure to Mexico for Minnie's wedding when one article in the kpop entertainment media appeared and quickly gained momentum. It was an article about an EXO fan who would not disclose her name, but who claimed to have juicy information about EXO's rapper Chanyeol.

The person claimed to have connections at the Court of Seoul, and that this person had found through a new marriage licence submission that Park Chanyeol had gotten married. A picture was included, a photo copy of the marriage certificate, but most of it was blacked out. The only things visible was the name Park Chanyeol, as well as the date of birth to confirm that he was indeed the same Chanyeol who was part of EXO. The article blew up and was all over the media. When Narda's two closest friend heard about it, both of them were hurt to have found out through the media on not through her. Baekhyun had been hurt by the news as well, but he said nothing to either of them. He knew that he had no right to be mad at them.

Maybe Chanyeol was right and it was too late for him and Narda.

The day the news got out, Narda called out of work and locked herself in her bed room. Her laptop buzzed with an incoming video call. The name on her screen read Oriana Quintana. Narda hesitated for a moment before clicking answer.

On her screen appeared her friend with red velvet colored hair. She was slightly annoyed and immediately began to scold her friend. "Why the hell haven't you been answering my texts or my calls? And what the hell is this about you marrying Park Chanyeol behind everyone's back? Alda's going berserk, okay? He asked for the week off from practices and swears he's catching the first flight to Korea--"

Narda's eyes widened in horror. "You told my brother?"

Oriana nodded her head unapologetically. "Excuse me. But you got married without saying anything to any of us. I was hurt, so naturally I had to tell my boyfriend about it. Is it my fault that he happens to be your brother? I don't think so. But that's really fucked up of you, Narda. If you would have said something we'd have gone to the wedding."

There was a sigh of frustration emitted from Narda's lips. She ran a hand through her long strands of hair as she spoke. "It was an accident, okay? Chan and I didn't even mean to get married. We were at a carnival and there was a marriage booth. We didn't know it was for real. So now we're stuck like this for an entire year."

When Oriana heard the truth, she seemed to relax significantly. "Oh..."

"Yeah." Narda gave a nod of her head. "I'm so frustrated, I don't know what to do--"

She paused halfway through her sentence when the door to her room opened, revealing Nari standing out in the hallway. Her best friend in Korea and her best friend from back home, both grilling her about the news that had broken out in the entertainment media. Narda didn't have to think too hard to know that Chanyeol was probably having the same trouble, with the other members of EXO probably having found out about the wedding. That and his family would have probably found out by then too.