+ thirty eight

+ thirty eight

On the third day before her departure, Narda received a letter in the mail that caught her attention. She had mostly gotten bills, and a few credit card offers in the mail. But this one was different--it looked important. It was stamped with a seal from the Court of Seoul, similar to the one she had gotten from Chanyeol just a few days earlier when he dropped by to talk to her. She thought maybe it was a copy of the divorce papers for her own records, since he had gotten a copy. But when she opened it, she found that she was mistaken, as well as filled with surprise. 

There were about four sheets for her to look through. The very top one had the date of about a  week ago and the letter was in English for her to understand, and it was in Korean on the back. As she read over the letter, she was both upset, but also not completely caring of what was stated there. The letter claimed that based on proof submitted to the authorities through an anonymous source, Narda Gutierrez had violated her restraining order. Proof of it was attached in the following pages, which Narda looked through. They were screen shots of fan videos that had been posted online of Baekhyun walking her to the train station with an umbrella.

Narda just knew it would bring her trouble, and though it had taken a few weeks, she had been right. No doubt it had been a jealous fan who ratted her out, or perhaps Taeyeon, who was one of the only people who knew about the restraining order anyway. The latter was more likely to do it.

At the same time, Narda wasn't too worried about the letter. Yes, she wasn't too happy about the negative consequences it would bring her--she was now probably thought of as a criminal by the Korean government, a foreigner violating one of their restrictions. But on the other hand she thought that it didn't matter anymore. The letter claimed that she had to leave Korea within in a month's time. But Narda would only be staying there a few more days. The only thing she worried about was coming back into the country in six months time. They would make things difficult for her, since she knew they would take this information into consideration.

The letter finally stated that they would visit her apartment in a month's time to confirm that she had left the country. Narda sat on her living room couch with a sigh, setting the letter aside. 

A few things were in her bedroom already packed. She was taking about half of her belongings. The other half would remain in the apartment, in the hope that she would come back soon. She also planned to leave the keys with Kyungsoo, so that he could watch over the apartment in her absence. The other key was still with Chanyeol, and she didn't plan to tell him about her departure until she was already on the plane. She would ask him to check up on things and made sure the rent was paid. Her brother had already agreed to wire transfer money into Kyungsoo's bank account to pay the rent and other bills.

Things seemed to feel lonely now at the apartment and Narda reflected back on the time she spent there. Two long years that were full of its ups and downs. She remembered the very first day she arrived, she met Nari, and Kyungsoo was there at the apartment, only he covered his face with a cushion to avoid being recognized.

She remembered how she pretended Baekhyun ran her over with his car in order to get his attention. She remembered all the good times she spent, not only with Nari and Baekhyun, but also Chanyeol and the other EXO boys. They all became good friends of hers, and she liked to think they considered her a friend too. She met Florencia and Acacia almost a year later and had also gotten really close to them. Now that it was coming to an end, it made her feel a deep sadness in her heart. 

But she knew this wasn't the last time she would be in Korea. She wouldn't allow it.

-

That afternoon, she had dinner with Florencia and Acacia. The two sisters had been busy these days. Florencia had been forced by SM Entertainment into an idol contract and was now busy travelling back and forth between her home country and Korea. She was appearing in dramas in her country, while in Korea she was keeping up a very busy idol career. She had lost so much weight and looked rather unhappy always, except when she was with her sister, with Narda, Jongdae, or Sehun. They were really the only people who made her really happy.