Chapter Five

^'HER LIFE' OFFICIAL TRAILER.
Set to the highest quality possible and enjoy 🕊✨⛈^

Washing her body was the hardest part, but I managed it without too much weirdness. 'Washing Alessia', the bestseller novel by Olivia Clark. Dylan had always told me I had an author's mind.

I shook off the thoughts of my life outside of this body as I shook off droplets of water. Finding a towel, I wrapped it around my body and stepped out of the shower. The room now misty, I leaned over to open the window but was left confused when the handle came off. Hey, at least the window opened. Broken, but open.

I padded out of Alessia's bathroom and found a clean pair of pyjamas in her drawers. I hung up the towel and got dressed.

With no idea what to do to past the rest of the time this evening, I pulled my lip between my teeth—and then went snooping.

I found some of Alessia's old school books. The running theme seemed to be that she was appalling at English but thrived in Art, and wasn't too bad with Maths either. We were very dissimilar.

I guess Dylan is right, maybe I'm more of an English kind of girl. Whilst he was more of a Science guy—he didn't like to rub it in, but I knew that he got A's for all three sciences in the tests, whereas I barely skimmed a C.

I dropped Alessia's books and sighed. I missed Dylan. I missed that, if I were me right now, I could call him up and tell him about all my many problems. I used to do that all the time after school, but Dylan complained that all he could ever hear was my parents shouting at each other.

I pondered this for a few minutes, feeling my heartache. Exhaling, I jumped up from the floor, running over to Alessia's bed and pulling the charging lead out from Alessia's phone.

I searched through her phone for a while before I found Instagram. I opened the app, immediately a guest to her feed—which was covered in nature posts and depressing quotes. I frowned; this was a world away from Neptune, volcanic jewels and poetry—stuff that I liked.

I ignored it and opened up her account, frowning when there were only two posts. One was of a flower from 2014, and another of the side of her face from early 2015. Apart from that, she hadn't posted for a while now. I opened her most recent post—the picture of her and was shocked at the comments.

I followed Alessia, sure, but not when this picture was posted—I can't have been; I didn't remember it.

Reading all the comments, I was absolutely disgusted and horrified. I was so horrified, in fact, that I felt as though my heart was about crack open, that I'd have nightmares about this for nights.

Somewhere, in the back of my head, I just knew that Alessia did have nightmares.

Continuing to read the comments, I froze when I saw a comment from a username that I recognised.

It was a comment from Kiara. Knowing Kiara, I thought it would just be a throwaway comment about how she liked her earring. That's the Kiara I know, I'm sure of it.

But it wasn't.

I read it with a lump in my throat.

@olivia.cclark omg wtf look at her 😩 she can't even post a whole photo of her face 🤧🤣🤣 call your mum's surgeon ASAP hunny

I stared at the comment, reading it over and over again in shock. What? Kiara would never have written this. It must be her brother using her account again—he always did that; he even commented on a photo of me at my cousin's wedding using Kiara's account once, telling me that I looked like a spatula.