Chapter Thirty-One

HAPPY THREE MONTH ANNIVERSARY TO THIS EMOTIONAL BOOK

She sat down his bed, contemplating it for longer than I think Dylan was comfortable with

He had hung up with me, promising to call 'her' back in a short while, and had just finished explaining his plan to Alessia.

"Trust me," he said, "Ked doesn't hate you. Ked doesn't hate anyone." He assured her.

His plan was to send Alessia to Ked's apartment with his cousin, who gave him refuge after his parents kicked him out for coming out as homosexual in year ten. Ked had already agreed, and so it was now just down to Alessia.

With her eyes shut, she inhaled and then exhaled. "Okay," she said, opening her eyes. Dylan frowned, eyes searching hers. "I'll do it."

Dylan appeared to sigh in relief, hauling Alessia to her feet and embracing her tightly. "I'm sorry Alessia, I know you wanted to spend the night here, but I'm too worried to let this go." He told her, pulling away.

She smiled up at him wistfully, "No I get it, you care about her." Dylan smiled, averting his eyes and nodding.

I remembered this night vividly. Dylan hadn't necessarily stood me up after school, but there seemed to be some miscommunication, and so I ended up without a ride. Matt had assured me that he'd get me home safely. He did, and then he did the same thing Alessia had done to Dylan in the car. Except, worse.

When I didn't comply, he had locked the doors, preventing me from escaping as he tried to get my shirt off. When he realised that he wasn't going to get his way with me, he threw me out of the car and onto the floor, assuring me that the whole school would hear about how much 'of a slag' I was.

I was traumatised. And the only person I could think of was Dylan. And he suddenly wasn't there.

Alessia's sacrifice that night helped me massively, but her day out with Dylan also cost me massively.

Soon enough, Alessia was standing outside Ked's house, school bag in hand. Dylan rang the doorbell and Ked opened the door shortly after. He invited them in, and Alessia stepped into Ked's house, noting that it had a particular 'home smell' as she eyed the interior.

Ked told Alessia to make herself at home; she started to take off her jacket after leaving her bag in the hallway. As she slipped her shoes off, she watched Ked pull Dylan over for a private word.

"Alessia," Dylan said suddenly, attracting the girl's attention. She smiled at him, and he returned the favour.

"You don't have to say sorry again." She said, making him smile. He shook his head and walked over to her. Inches apart, he pressed a kiss to her forehead, stunning her, before turning to leave.