Chapter Thirteen

WARNING: some events in this chapter may be triggering. Please be aware <3

When I entered the actual party again, I got swept up into a storm of drunken, dancing people. Nobody knew who I was, and even if they did, they didn't ask any questions.

I knew that it was only because they were drunk but it meant something to me, and I could feel that it meant something to Alessia too.

Suddenly, a face appeared in front of me, and I nearly lost my footing when I saw that it was myself. Nothing could ever prepare someone for seeing their own face looking back at them, and not in a mirror or an image.

"Hey," the real Olivia said. I smiled in response, not remembering this interaction from when I was Olivia Clark. "I noticed you over here and I..." she trailed off suddenly, glancing behind her. It was then that I saw her–my friends watching us. Alessia was suddenly angry, feeling as though this was a set-up. But I planted my feet in the ground and I didn't move; I knew that I wasn't bad person, and it's time Alessia sees that too.

"I recognised you from earlier, when you almost died." My eyes widened, before I smiled, nodding. She laughed, "I also actually do know who you are," she said, avoiding eye contact suddenly. "You're Alessia Trent," she said. I held my breath, anticipating the moment that she would turn on me.

"I've never really seen you at one of these things so I wanted to say hi," she smiled at me, and I returned the smile. I knew it; I didn't remember bullying anyone in school, and it was true—I really hadn't.

But Alessia didn't seem to think so. I was suddenly shoved backwards in terms of control of Alessia's body. I often allowed her control when I was stunned or confused, or if she knew something important. But, I was beginning to learn that, if she was feeling particularly impulsive, or a certain type of rage or passion, I had no say.

"Yeah, well, 'hi' doesn't really cut it. I don't want to talk to you or your friends, Olivia. So cut it out and stop being so fake." With that, Alessia pushed her out of the way, storming away. Alessia got to the doorway before I regained control and turned around, seeing that Olivia had stumbled farther back than Alessia had expected her to. Alessia felt bad, and then Dylan caught her, held her, and smiled at her. She was so overwhelmed with jealousy that she screamed, but no one heard her.

She marched away and up the stairs, where I knew, as Olivia Clark, that only couples went. They found a bed and they did the deed. Alessia obviously wasn't aware of this and, as Olivia Clark, I wasn't keen on being hunted down by myself and my friends for shoving myself when it wasn't even my fault.

My problems get weirder and weirder every moment I spend in this body.

Instead of finding a room, I headed straight towards one of Matt's bathrooms. Looking in the mirror, I sighed.

"Well, we're here now, aren't we?" I asked to the reflection in the mirror, sounding insane to even myself. Yes, I'm talking to myself.

"And I wasn't the one that attacked the queen of your problems, that was you, so you can't blame me for anything that happens after this very moment." I huffed, going to the toilet before washing my hands and returning to the mirror once more.

"I'm doing everything I can to help you, Alessia, and you just mess it up every single damn–"

The bathroom door suddenly opened. I jumped away, seeing Matt appear.