A/N before you go

hi all,

Firstly, I am sincerely sorry that you had to endure such emotional pain. Alessia will be treasured and remembered both in my created fictional world, and in our minds.
But, for more than just 'Alessia Trent'.
I'm not here to scare you, warn you, or threaten you.
I'm not an amazing person.
But all it takes is a few mediocre 'amazing people' to make a difference.
Help that person when they drop their bag.
Invite that girl/boy to your spot at lunch because they look lonely.
Message that friend you haven't spoken to in a while.
Report bullying, rather than standing by and watching it.
There are so many things we can do, and sometimes choosing to do nothing is worse than being the bully, or the problem.
If you're going to be anything when you grow up, be kind.
Let my small and meek story of Olivia, Alessia, and all those that accompanied them, be a display of that.

🕊

Now for some explanations.
Starting this story, I really always knew the end.
Alessia was always meant to die.
Sorry, guys.

I was going for a horror at first and stumbled across a body-swap story on Wattpad.
I didn't read it, just skimmed over the description and I was sold.

When creating the characters, I also realised a need for a teen fiction within me.
I wanted to write the classic high-school (American) story about this unfortunate girl.
Cue Alessia Trent.
Unfortunate, obviously, doesn't begin to cover it.

I was inspired not only by stories here on Wattpad, but by a film featuring my favourite person ever (Zoey Deutch - who is casted in this book as Olivia Clark), Before I Fall.

Before I Fall is a published book by Lauren Oliver about a popular girl who has to live the day she dies over and over again.
She has to change her life in order to escape this cycle.