Chapter Thirty-Three

The next day was Friday, and hence why Alessia's lessons were full of people talking about Matt's party that would happen that night. Tops were exchanged in classes, rides were arranged, and drinking limits were calculated. But Alessia couldn't care less. She wasn't invited.

She was tracing circles in the side of her pencil case, mind far away from work, when someone joined her. Her partner was ill today, and so she had to start constructing their presentation on her own. Confused, she glanced over at the person, freezing when she saw Matt's face.

"My mum got a call last night; I'm due at the police station," he seethed through a smile, playing with her sheets.

Alessia frowned, "So? Someone caught you perving?" She asked, hoping he got what was coming for him. Especially after what he did to her.

Matt suddenly leaned in closer, making her jerk back, hitting her head against the wall. "Yeah, and you're the snitch." He hissed.

Trying to ignore the shooting pain in her head, Alessia scrunched up her face, saying, "I said nothing."

She was telling the truth—technically. Alessia Trent didn't say anything, but I did, whilst controlling her body. So if this moment really happened, if Matt is really 'due at the police station', someone else must've said something. Alessia didn't want to admit what happened to her, but I did—on her behalf. It's all very confusing. But, in real life, Alessia said nothing, so someone else must have.

Matt scowled, "Stop lying." He said, voice low and threatening.

She seemed to curl into herself, "I'm not." She whispered.

Matt considered this for a few moments, before drawing back and humming. He glanced around the classroom before his eyes landed on someone. "No," he said suddenly, "you're right; you wouldn't say a thing because you wouldn't dare put yourself in that position." Well, at least his ego is still intact.

Alessia glanced over at who Matt was staring at. Olivia Clark. Me. Matt thought that I had said something.

"Her?" Alessia asked. Truth be told, it wouldn't be a bizarre accusation. But no, in reality, I said absolutely nothing. Though, Matt didn't seem to think so.

Alessia's mind began to wander over all the reasons that I would want to speak up and snitch on Matt. Then she realised.

She glanced between Matt and Olivia. "You...you did it to her too?" She asked, disgusted and surprised.

Matt rolled his eyes, "Don't act like that doesn't make you happy; you hate her."

Alessia was quiet for a few moments. "Is it that obvious?" She asked, voice low.

Matt nodded, hardly paying attention to her as he stared at Olivia—stared at me.

"She's Dylan's best friend; why would you risk that? He'll kill you if he finds out." Alessia said, her words ringing true. It was half the reason I couldn't tell Dylan. I didn't want him to believe Matt over me, but then I didn't want him to believe me and fall out with Matt. I couldn't win.

Matt laughed, "He's not going to find out, Less, because you're not going to tell anyone." He said, voice menacing.

She shrunk back, asking quietly, "Won't she say something, though?"