Chapter Seven

I decided not to go to registration. Not because I was backing out, but because I now had to re-do Alessia's French homework. It was a good job I also took French for GCSE, otherwise, I really would be screwed.

I actually came out with an A in the final exam, so it wasn't exactly that I couldn't do the homework. I was just so angry. How could someone be so rude and hateful? It was all over something that wasn't even true.

I know I can't know that for sure, though, since I'm not Alessia, but she seemed pretty confident that she hadn't done what Katy accused her of when I was talking to Katy, so I believed her.

I managed to sign in for the morning at reception, and also find a copy of the worksheet I needed for the French homework.

I was now in the library, slaving away over a French textbook and a notebook, writing 'mon cher' and 'sourir' so many times that I almost lost my mind.

When it was almost time for lesson one, I packed my stuff away, though was not done with my French homework, and checked what lesson I had. Just as I was doing so, I heard a voice that I recognised.

Dylan's.

"...Did you get the invite to Matt's party?" He asked someone, and I turned to see that it was Olivia. A pang of jealousy hit me suddenly; most of it didn't come from me but from Alessia.

I frowned, confused at her feelings.

The real Olivia Clark smiled, nodding as she pulled out a textbook from the shelf.

"So, mon amour, are you going?" He asked, leaning against the bookshelf. I furrowed my eyebrows, suddenly seeing a new side to Dylan—and not because I was watching him from behind him.

Olivia laughed, turning around, a textbook in hand. "Just because I was helping you with that coursework, it doesn't mean you have to carry on speaking it." She said, hitting him with the book and walking away.

She went to get the book stamped, and Dylan ran after her.

"You never told me if you were going," he said.

She smiled, slipping the book into her bag, "I am," she said, patting him on the chest, "now go to Biology; you'll be late." With that, she spun around and left.

Wow, I kind of look ditsy with those ribbons.

I watched as Dylan ran a hand through his hair, a smile on his face. I frowned at him for a while, trying to figure out what he was feeling now that the real Olivia had left.

I didn't have enough time for it, though, since I suddenly realised that I was about to be late to biology.

With Dylan, apparently.

In school, Dylan and I were in different classes for science, and he didn't like to boast, but he was pretty good at it. I was in the set below. But Alessia, seemingly, wasn't.

With a smile on my face, I left the library, brushing past Dylan as I did so. I headed for biology, walking into a class of commotion.

I frowned. Is this what higher sets are like?

Watching everyone take their seats, I soon realised I had no idea which was mine. But it wasn't hard to spot which one it was—the one with the chair pushed over and a pile of rubbish on the desk.