Chapter 13: In Bed

I lie in bed with my head resting in the nook right under Day’s shoulder.  My arm is reaching across his chest.  His arm is wrapped around me.  The warmth of his body is seeping into me.  It feels good. 

As we lie there, our bodies entangled with each other in a silent embrace, I look up at him and smile.  He grins at me, with his cocky little smile.  He’s so beautiful.

I put my head back down, and just let go.  I feel perfect.  I feel bliss.  I can’t help myself, but my mind starts to expand.  I feel the light.  I know I should hold myself in the moment, but I can’t.  The bliss is overpowering.  The light is consuming me.

As the light start to emerge, I can feel Day’s body shift uncomfortably.  Why is he moving? I wonder.  Can he feel it too?

“I have to get dressed,” he says, shuffling away from me.  “Your Mom will probably be back soon.”

He’s right.  I completely forgot about her.

We both quickly put on our clothes.

I walk him to the door and he gives me a quick kiss goodbye.  I was expecting something more passionate.  Still, just having his lips against mine feels good.  Stay in the moment, I have to remind myself.

“Bye,” he says, heading out.

“Bye,” I say.

He looks back for a second as he leaves.  I wait, watching him walk into the night, before I lock the door and head back to my room. 

I can’t hold back the light anymore.  I fall into my bed and I let go of everything.  I let myself become more.  The light runs through everything.  As I let it consume me, I feel connected, like I'm one with the universe.