Preview 1: Rise of the Dark Lord

***The Search will be updated as regularly scheduled this weekend; however, as the Search is coming to an end in the not so distant future, I want to see what you all think of a couple possible stories to replace it as my next ongoing boyXboy series.  You'll have a least 3 story options!***

"Hurry up, Tate!" Sebastian yells over the running water.

I don't know what the big deal is, we still have fifteen minutes until we have to be downstairs. With all the other students running around like idiots to get everything ready for our newest honoured guest, it seemed like the perfect time to get a nice hot shower all to myself. Having a moment of privacy is a scarce commodity at this school.

"Hurry up, the Fourth Magistrate is going to be here any minute!" he screams, as if it has any meaning to me. I'm not high born like Sebastian is. I don't know who any of the thirteen Magistrates, their families, or what their so-called "great achievements" are. Three weeks ago, we had the Seventh Magistrate visit, beaming with pride to tell us about her grandmother's achievement of adding blue to the school crest, and her new mission to renovate the library.

"If you're in such a rush, why don't you come in here and drag me out?" I ask.

Even though I can't see him, I can feel his disapproving glare as his prudish upbringing holds him back from imagining anything so vulgar. "You know, I'm the only person at this school stupid enough to care whether or not you get punished for being late." He's probably right, but he's also the only person in this school I give a damn about, so it all balances out.

I turn off the water, and pull back the curtain. Sebastian is standing there in his formal robes, pure white with blue accents, gold buckles, and an emblazoned family insignia over his heart. He has my robes in his arms. There is no way I could have gotten back to the dorm and downstairs in time. I'd be screwed without him.

"Forgot your towel again?" Sebastian asks as I step out of the shower, the final beads of water dripping down my naked form.

"Nope, I just thought you wanted me to be fast," I say, conjuring a swirling gust of wind to dry me off. In normal circumstances, I would consider such an unnecessary show of magic extravagant, but the school is steeped in magic. And it's not just the people and the books that are filled with it, every stone, every plant, every bead of water is a source of mystic strength. This is where boys become sorcerers.

Unlike Sebastian, my robes lack any embellishments or insignias. They're plain white. My simple robes denote my common birth, with no achievements to my family name. If only everyone knew where I really came from, I doubt they would ever allow me to wear white.

I quickly tie my sash and roll my socks up to my thigh. I hate these robes.

"We need to go now!" Sebastian says as soon as I finish tying my shoe laces.

"One second," I say. His hair got all dishevelled by my wind spell. Good for drying, bad for hair. I quickly, run my hands across his scalp and go for the whole messy clean look.

He looks in the mirror quickly, to make sure I didn't make it worse, and then grabs my arm, dragging me along as he sprints down towards the main hall. A thank you would have been nice.

"So, who is this fourth Magistrate that everyone is so worked up about?" I ask as I run beside Sebs. He stops in his tracks and almost dislocates my shoulder as I keep running.

"You really don't know?"

"Did his great great great great great great grandmother introduce beer to the common folk so they wouldn't be able to catch on to the whole magic thing?"