A Surprise.

'You trying out for chaser again this year, Lils?' Hugo asked as Lily came down the stairs from the dorms,
'Dunno' Lily yawned, 'Will you be going for keeper, like Uncle Ron?' She grinned at the stories her mother and father had told her,
'Thanks for comparing me to Dad' he replied with a fake grimace, 'but yes,'
Lily laughed as they left left for breakfast.
'Miss Potter!'
'Dash it!' Lily muttered, but turned around anyway, 'Yes, Uncle Neville', she smiled.
'I'll go ahead then' Hugo said, slipping away, betraying his cousin for food.
Typical Weasley.
'Follow me, Lily' the Herbology teacher said,
and they began to walk through the corridors.

They eventually reached the headmistresses office,
'I didn't do anything!' Lily exploded, 'It was probably Albus, or Rose. Well probably not Rose but any other Weasley' she continued,
'I know, Lily. You aren't in trouble already' Neville said with a chuckle. 'Go on up' he added before turning to the hidden staircase and saying 'Dumbledore' which caused the staircase to turn leading up to an office that so many different magical genius' had used.
Lily began to climb, leaving her Uncle Neville behind.

********
'Ah, Minerva. It's good to see you again, however I would love to know why I have been summoned here before I had a chance to cause trouble' Lily stated marching straight into the office, with utter confidence that had most definitely come from the original James Potter.
And as Minerva McGonagall replied, Lily's confidence vanished.
'Good evening Lily, I believe you know our new student. He's in your year and has been sorted into Gryffindor.' McGonagall said as he turned.
'Duncan Winters...' Lily whispered before realising what had happened. 'Wait! Aren't you a muggle?!?' She exclaimed looking towards her old best friend from when she was without her brothers.
'Well no actually' he laughed, 'as it turns out Dad was a pretty impressive wizard, and up until now I've been going to Durmstrang.' He said,
'Is this why you never replied to my letter?' She asked softly,
'Yeah, I only got up the courage to talk to you again this summer,' he smiled sheepishly.
She laughed, he hadn't changed much.
'Well we can catch up over dinner before I show you around,' she said, 'come on', she turned to leave before wishing McGonagall a good evening with only a slightly cheeky comment.
Duncan followed Lily after thanking Headmistress McGonagall.

*******
Sorry it's shorter but to me it felt a lot calmer so I hope you got that feel as well,
Things will become clearer instead of more confusing soon, hopefully...
But thanks for reading :)

Bex x