Classes.

Lily, Duncan and Lia left the Great Hall with a slightly mournful Hugo trailing behind them.

'So what will be my first ever lesson at the infamous Hogwarts?' Duncan asked Lily as they headed deeper into the caste,

'Potions, with the Ravenclaw's and Professor Slughorn' Lia replied, oblivious to the fact that the question had quite clearly been directed at Lily.

'Ravenclaw's are actually okay to share classes with but they can be a bit pretentious at times and it can become hard to actually answer questions directed at the class as a whole' Lily added as Duncan just stared toward her, half-longingly and half-something else. 'Although this year we have a seventh year helper, which should be interesting.'

Hugo  scoffed, 'Yes, well interesting isn't the word I'd use, its going to be Scorpius Malfoy and everyone knows it'

'It might not be, it could be you're sister' Lily added, but what no-one noticed, not even Duncan, was the slight redness that coloured her cheeks as her red hair flicked over her shoulders and she turned away.

'and that would be so much better!' Hugo's sarcasm was strong and completed with an eye roll.

'You should get used to the Head-boy Hugo, he is totally dating you're sister' Lia told him nudging him in the side with her elbows, and once again they were oblivious to Lily's reaction. Yet this time her cheeks paled, all traces of colour gone, leaving a stark contrast between her hair and her skin.

*****

'Welcome class' Slughorn wheezed as the four Gryffindor's entered the class and sat down at the same row, with Lily and Hugo at opposite ends. 'this morning I would like to introduce your head-boy, Scorpius Malfoy. He will be joining your class as my assistant of sorts, although some students' he paused with a direct look at Lily, which resulted in a grin from Duncan and several eye rolls from the Ravenclaw's, 'will not need any extra assistance'

Shortly after the class started their task, but there seemed very little for the head-boy to do. The class was full of intelligent students, and even if they were slightly confused, their stubbornness kept them from asking for too much help. Normally sticking a 17 year old boy in a class full of 15 year old giggling girls would result in at least a few of them faking confusion to flirt with him. If Albus Potter had been that 17 year old then there is no doubt that this would have happened, but it was Scorpius. He was tall, and to be honest was quite good-looking, in a sheepish and kinda nerdy way, but his looks were over shadowed by his tendency to be awkward and frankly, his un-charming ways. Rose thought that this meant he would never leave her and that she had the power in their relationship, this doesn't mean that she doesn't care for him, as she does, but it is unclear whether she loves him in any sort of way. Scorpius had loved Rose, and still believed he did, but he knew that he wasn't popular in any way and thought that it was a miracle that Rose somewhat liked him. His opinions were low and his feelings for Rose were polluted with this and his state of comfort in loving Rose. He never noticed Lily, at least not as anything more that his best friend's sister. She had noticed him though, and now was not the best time for him to finally notice her back. There was Duncan and Lorcan and Scorpius had Rose, her cousin!

Yet neither of them were sure if something  was there, if something could ever be there.

Their gaze met as he walked down the aisle to her, the lights began to fade and Lily began to think of how perfect and cliché, romantic and crazy this moment was...

'Hey Lils' snapped out of her fantasy moment she cringed at the use of her nickname from Lorcan. She turned from Scorpius breaking the connection entirely.

'Hey Lorcan, what's up?' She asked trying her hardest not to grit her teeth in annoyance,

'I don't get what to do after adding the lacewing flies, could you show me?' He said somewhat seductively,

'Scamander! Back to your seat, if you don't understand I will come and help, just please stop disturbing the other students' Scorpius stated, a cold tone underlying his voice, Lorcan looked disappointed but left anyway and before Scorpius left she mouthed her thanks.

'Who was that?' Duncan said from her other side,

'Just an annoying admirer, no-one really' Lily said with a forced grin, she was sad her moment had been broken, but was confused to the meaning of it. Her crush on Scorpius had never truly faded and she could have just made something out of nothing. Even if there was something it would be wrong, he was dating someone else, her cousin no less, and it was her brother's best friend, how more cliché could you get.

Yet something just felt...right, her heart was truly in it and there must have been something there.

*****

Hey Guys, I'm back.

All my exams are over and we have celebrated the 20th anniversary of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (which was the same day as my birthday!).

I hope you have enjoyed this latest instalment, and feel free to tell me what you think, positive or negative. This chapter was nearing 900 pages without this note! This must be my longest chapter of anything yet!

Thank you for reading and I will see you later,

Bex x