Confusion.

'I thought you would've enjoyed Potions?' Duncan asked as the exited the class, and although it was no different than any other time they had been walking with each other it was the first time that she had noticed how close they were walking. And it irritated her.

'Probably thought that it was too easy,' Lia said with a laugh to her voice, and after a pause she added; 'Right Lils?' and even then all Lily did was murmur an agreement.

Lia and Duncan shared a look between them, most likely the first but definitely not the last. Their worry and confusion quickly morphed into shock as they turned the corner to see the head-girl undressing the head-boy, who, quite frankly, was looking bored.

Hugo just stood there in horror whilst Lily let out a small and dainty gasp before turning on her heel and running away leaving her friends in her wake. Somewhere along the way her bag fell off her shoulder and tears began falling. All of this would have been fine and easy to fix if Lily had just gone to her next lesson, full of more confusion over her emotions and partially heat-broken. Alas, she did not and chose to make her way to the Gryffindor common room.

With only a few corridors and a staircase left she ran, quite literally, into the one person she thought could make her forget about that stupid Scorpius Malfoy and even Duncan.

'Fancy seeing you here Lorcan' Lily said in a voice she thought she would never use. She brushed her tears away and stepped closer.

'Lils! What's wrong?' He said stepping in as well,

'Nothing you can't fix' she whispered looking him in the eyes before leaning in.

His lips met hers in a instant and although to her there was no clear chemistry, it was good. Plus it definitely took her mind off what's-his-face.

Just as Lorcan was trying to heat up their small make-out session Lily broke away whispering 'Later' into his ear. His grin and quick kiss to her cheek assured her that he would be willing later. She quickly ran her fingers through her hair before putting on a grin through her confusion and leaving to her next lesson, making excuses and white lies to her teachers and friends as she walked into the class.

She was trying the philosophy of faking it, till making it but in all honestly it was all just a distraction.

*******

Hey,

So today's chapter is so much shorter but the wait was no where near as long.

I will be trying to update more but there can be no promises.

I must also apologise for the quality of the chapter, my head wasn't really in it and I now have no idea where the plot is going...

so yay!

Bex x