Fixing what's Broken.

"Lily!" Albus cried out engulfing his little sister in a hug, "I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you, it jut felt you didn't need me anymore" He whispered in her ear.

"Al, I've missed you!" Lily whispered back to her brother. "But I'm okay, you can let me go"

"Promise?"

"Yeah," Lily told him, "Merlin, you're worse than James!"

"Lily, you've been unconscious for days after being found, nearly dead, at the lake." He deadpanned, "I'm allowed to be over-protective"

"What? I just remembered sitting by the base of the trees near the edge of the lake after..." she trailed off remembering what had happened, Albus looked at her quizzically and he and Scorpius shared a worried glance.

"After?" Scorpius presses on,

"Nothing," Lily brushes it off, shaking her head and pulling her knees up to her chest, "it's nothing" she whispered,

"Lils, I need to know, I want to fix this," Albus told her gently, brushing her hair behind her ear, it was silent for what felt like years and the tension just grew.

"I slept with Lorcan," her voice cracked at the end of her confession and tears began to fall down her face,
Albus and Scorpius shared a glance before Scorpius was exiting the infirmary and Albus Potter was left along with his younger sister.

****

Scorpius was on a mission. He wasn't a particularly violent person but currently he really wanted to hurt Lorcan Scamander.

"Scorpius!"

He didn't even stop to turn round,

"Not now Rose,"

He felt a hand pulling him to a stop,

"Can we go somewhere and talk?" She pleaded with him, her chocolate eyes looking up at him.
"Don't you want to ask how your cousin is?" He sneered, now was not the time. Rose rolled her eyes, fed up with everything being about Lily. "She's fine by the way, awake. I'm not going to talk to you, you know I fancied you and you just used me! Yet you were too ashamed to actually admit that something was happening with us, everyone knew it! You just wanted something Lily didn't have, you're so caught up in your jealousy you can't even see what you want. After our 4th year Al was thrown into the spotlight and I was left behind, even though I did as much as he did, if not more. But I don't mind, he's still my best friend and it doesn't matter! I'm happy that Albus can enjoy Hogwarts and that means I enjoy it too." He stopped, his face flushed red. The silence was so abrupt and Rose, she was just there. Mouth wide open in shock and disbelief. "You know, people might like you more if you gave up your vendetta against your own cousin,"

He left her there, feeling free, he owed nothing to her and felt nothing towards her.
He turned a corner and saw a the exact person he was looking for, pushed up against a wall with one of Albus' fangirls.

"Oi! Scamander!" He shouted, feeling a bit too confident.
Lorcan turned around just in time for Scorpius' fist to connect with his cheekbone and nose.

*******
Bex x