The Truth.

Lorcan let out a groan as his hands moved to hold his nose. Scorpius walked off hissing at the pain spreading through his hand.
He reached the infirmary and saw Albus sat next to his sleeping sister.
"And where were you?" Albus asked softy, barely looking up,
"Punching Lorcan," he answered sheepishly, "although I think I did more damage to my hand" he held up his now swollen, purple and red hand.
"Seriously Scorp, Lily is going to be so mad at you," Al told him,
"Yeah well, it wasn't like I was thinking clearly." He admitted, "I was just..."
"Jealous?" Albus asked,
"What?" Scorpius paled, "No! Not jealous, that would mean..." he sighed "maybe a tiny bit" he added looking down,
"I'm not even that surprised, but you can't do anything about it!"
"I know," Scorpius said, his voice quiet, "I'll just see you back at the dorms" he walked off slowing slightly at the doors, "Al. I'm sorry" and with that he left the two Potters alone.

***

After the events of the past few weeks, the rest of the year was calm and the end came quicker than any of them could have thought. Scorpius had mainly stayed away from Lily, as had Lorcan and Rose, well she had mainly kept to herself, avoiding everyone.

The whole school noticed the difference in the Potters, Albus was almost a whole new person, and Lily was a bubbly as she'd been last year.
She'd drifted apart from Lia and Duncan, but she barley noticed, she had her big brother back.

"Hey Lils," Albus said sitting across from his sister just as the train departed,
"Hey Al," she replied, "so what's the plan for the train journey? Masses of food? Chess? Exploding Snap?" She was giddy and her smile was bright,
"The masses of food sounds fun, but I actually want to talk to you about something," he said, his expression almost the exact opposite of hers.
"Oh," her face fell, "you might as well start now." So he did,
"I don't know how much you know, but Hogwarts wasn't exactly easy for me. Everyone just kinda turned on me after I was sorted. Except Scorpius. I was just bitter. I thought everyone was right when they said I didn't deserve to be Harry Potter's son. I was useless at magic, mainly because I didn't try. I think I just gave up, and I just turned on everyone even Scorpius at times. I was so mad at the world, and at everything, and Dad.
It wasn't his fault, and I turned everything he did against him.

I was... stupid, stubborn and as soon as I thought I could do something Dad failed to do, well I tried to. I decided I'd save Cedric Diggory.

I failed, multiple times. Along with Scorpius and someone I thought was a friend, I went back to Dad's 4th year. Several times. We messed with... something we shouldn't have. It ended so horribly. We changed things so much that Rose and Hugo were never born, and then that Voldemort won. In that world only Scorpius was there. He... he saved me, all of us. When we got bad everyone acted like I was the hero, but it was Scorp. I was just the idiot that dragged him into it.

Eventually we ended up back at the night when Voldemort visited Godric's Hollow. Lils, it was... it was brutal. I watched him kill Grandma and Grandad, I had to watch Dad see his parents die!" Albus' voice cracked,

"It turned out that the other person along with me and Scorp was just using me. She- it was her who was Voldemort's daughter. She pretended to be our friend but she just wanted to bring her dad back and force another prophecy to be completed,

It's over now and she failed. But it was close and it taught me that Dad wasn't who I should've been angry at. I came home and everything was... fixed more or less, but I never fixed my relationship with you. That was a massive regret, but I moved on and became accustomed to my new life style. I thought you didn't need me anymore, I guess I was wrong." He finished, with his head hung down. He looked up to see his sister. Tears at the edges of her eyes,

"Of course I still need you, you idiot. You're my big brother!" She hugged him tightly, and everything felt like it was repairing itself.