Building up from Rock Bottom.

...and Scorpius Malfoy did find the perfect Potter, but in a less-than perfect state. Still she was in a heap in the sand by the Great Lake, however her figure was more slumped and she was asleep. As time had passed, water had begun to move closer to her, and it was barley a metre from her when Scorpius came rushing over the hill to see her.

He thought she was dead. His heart dropped and a numbness swept over him. He ran to her and fell next to her seemingly lifeless body. She was cold, but her faint breath was visible and allowed Scorpius to feel some relief. Even in the messy state she was in, her hair in every direction and her clothes crumpled, Scorpius could still she her beauty.

"Come on, Lily. You need to wake up. I know you are still there, you just need to wake up." He whispered into her ear, through her hair. He pulled her up to a slouched sitting position, and just held her.

After what seemed like an age, Scorpius had still failed to wake Lily Potter and his hope for them being found dimmed. He knew people would be looking, but this was the last place they would look.

He managed to pick Lily up, her head carefully placed on to the Malfoy's shoulder, and he was slowly becoming the hero her dreamed of being, the hero Albus Potter was.

In a matter of minutes he could finally see lights being thrown across the path up to Hogwarts, relief flooded through him and he stumbled up to the castle and attempted to run the rest of the way.

*******
Looking like the male lead in a romance movie Scorpius Malfoy entered the infirmary, carrying Lily Luna Potter who was stone cold and dripping wet. Scorpius hair was tousled and damp and he was breathing heavily.

Albus Potter was sat onto one of the beds, with tears in his eyes when his best friend made his entrance carrying the youngest Potter.
"Lily!" He cried out, running towards her and Scorpius. He took in his sisters appearance, "is she dead?" He whispered, and his answer was what some would call a message from above. Lily coughed, moving herself further into Scorpius' arms.

Suddenly everyone in the room, which included all the Weasley's currently at Hogwarts as well as most of the teachers, Lia and Duncan, who were practically one person considering how close they were, cake to life. All of a sudden it felt very full and everyone was shouting different things as Lily continued to cough and even shiver.

Scorpius had laid her down into one of the beds and stood silently by her side. Madam Pompfrey had had enough of the noise in her infirmary, so as quickly as it started the noise died down as people left. Until the only ones who were left was Albus, Lily and Scorpius (who Madam Pompfrey had insisted spending the night, just to check on him), and the healer herself.

Scorpius and Albus sat in a stunned silence,
"I should've been there, it's all my fault" Al confessed to his best friend as he lent his head on Malfoy's shoulder. He barely felt the shake of his best friends head as his disagreed with him.

********
Okay, so not my best...

Bex x