4. Secret Revealed & Rivendell.

Ayrn stood outside the Troll hoard, she wasn't in any way going to go in and have to deal with the full intensity of the smell, it was already bad from where she stood outside of the cave. Thorin had gone in with Gandalf and several other Dwarves when he came back out he bore a new sword and something shiny in his hand. Coming over to Ayrn, she pretended not to notice the object in his hand and only turned when he tapped her elbow. "Hello Thorin." she greeted,

"Hello, I wanted to see if you'll keep this, I found it inside the cave and it didn't look to belong to any of the chests in there so..." he said trailing off before handing her the necklace. Taking the necklace she looked it over it was extremely beautiful and she was happy to accept it, "Help me put it on, please." she said and handed it back while turning around to put her back to him. Lifting her hair his arms slipped by hers and looped the jewel around her neck before he carefully hooked it and let it settle against her breast-plate.

Looking down at it she was please it also matched her clothing it would have been weird on the eyes if it were a ruby or emerald, not that those wouldn't have made excellent gifts, either way

Looking down at it she was please it also matched her clothing it would have been weird on the eyes if it were a ruby or emerald, not that those wouldn't have made excellent gifts, either way. Standing up she turned back to him and kissed his cheek in thanks, making the dwarf's cheeks tint with a faint blush. The moment was ruined when the sound of someone coming set the dwarves and the other on edge.

Getting out weapons and protecting each other, they waited for the attacker, but what they got was a man riding a sleigh pulled by large rabbits, Ayrn relaxed a bit and the Brown Wizard rushed to speak with Gandalf, leaving the Dwarves and hobbit in the watchful care of Ayrn. The shifter kept her ears peeked for anything and when the distant howls of the Gundabad Wargs could be heard by her she got up and pulled Thorin after her. "Come I need to show you something and you must promise not to freak out." she waited for his answer and shook his shoulder,

"Thorin! promise me!" he nodded, "Yes, I promise." smiling she quickly stripped off her armor leaving her in the leather pants and tunic and her white shirt. "When I'm done gather up everything and put it in my pack and keep it with you or one of the dwarves, okay?" confused he still nodded, stripping to the nude he spun around and gasped out, "What are you doing?!" when she didn't answer he turned around and came face to face with a pure white Clydesdale horse with a long twisting horn coming from its forehead.

The startled cries of the company forced her to gallop into the clearing and run the Wargs over and rearing up threatening to stomp on another, and when it didn't leave she used the strength in her hooves to crush its skull with powerful kicks and stomps. Turning to the company and a now present Thorin he had all of her clothing in his arms wrapped up in her cloak so nothing would get lost. "Ayrn, what are you doing in that form it's dangerous for you." shaking her head,

She spoke to Gandalf in his mind telling him that she would lead the pack away and that it was up to him to get them to Rivendell. Nodding agreeing with her, she took off and she could hear Thorin call after her but she kept going, neighing loudly to get the pack to follow her, racing almost faster than they could keep up she zig-zagged to avoid being hit with arrows and would kick back with her back legs to hit Wargs in the face when they got too close, the sound of Elven horns made her turn around and head back to the hidden pass to help the elves.

When they saw her some of the elves actually aimed arrows at her but their leader stopped and sensed she was intelligent and wasn't in the mood of being shot at by elves as well as orcs. Elrond dismounting his horse carefully walked over to Ayrn and she panted a bit, and she let him touch her nose before she carefully tossed her head, her words in his mind telling him that someone would be waiting for him back in Rivendell. Nodding to her he remounted and they returned to Rivendell.

-

When the hunting party returned Ayrn saw the company all in a circle back to back with the weaponless in the middle, the elves broke open to let her through and when Thorin saw her, she approached him and knelt to let him reach her head as she was really tall in both human and shifted forms. When he could reach her head he rubbed behind her ears and she nudged him closer to her with her head. "That is a very rare friend you have there Thorin son of Thrain." Elrond said getting everyone's attention after speaking with Gandalf.

"Lindir, please fetch a dress." the young elf nodded and took off, coming, back just as quick he held a dark purple shift dress with silver clasps with revealing designs and Thorin stepped back and men averted their eyes to give Ayrn some privacy to slip the robe on,

" the young elf nodded and took off, coming, back just as quick he held a dark purple shift dress with silver clasps with revealing designs and Thorin stepped back and men averted their eyes to give Ayrn some privacy to slip the robe on,

when it was on it was much more raveling than Thorin had expected but it was better than her walking around in the nude. Elrond turning from his conversation with Gandalf added, "Nartho i noer, toltho i viruvor. Boe i annam vann a nethail vin." (Light the fires, bring forth the wine. We must feed our guests.) Gloin not knowing what the Elf had said, shouted, "What is he saying?! Does he offer us insult?!"

Ayrn shook her head, "No, Gloin. He's offering food." The dwarf's brows rose as he felt stupid and then looked to Elrond, "Well, lead on then." Ayrn rolled her eyes and smiled nudging them on, she followed at the back and made sure they were all there before taking Elrond's offered elbow. Thorin who had seen the gesture couldn't help the little pang of jealousy in his heart as they seemed to look good together. If there was ever a time he was jealous of an elf it was now, hiding the look and emotion deep within himself he followed the rest of his company.