3. Escape from Mirkwood.

Third person's point of view.

Ayrn escorted to her cell below the others she wasn't shoved in like the others were, and the cell door wasn't slammed shut in her face, the elf closed it as if she were in one of the guest rooms. When the elves were gone the dwarves called to her asking what all the yelling was about but she didn't answer, she simply slumped against the wall near the door and leaned her head on her knees to try and barricade the ocean of emotions that Thranduil unleashed when he brought up what had happened all those years ago.

"Ayrn, are you okay?" Thorin asked his voice sounding out louder than all the others, peeking over her arms to look at him he was knelt in front of his cell door, his hands locked around the bars as his eyes locked on her, "He said something to you didn't he?" Thorin guessed, "About what happened to your people." she could only nod, sensing she just wanted to be left alone he told the other to give her some time. "Thank you." she said loud enough for Thorin to hear and he smiled as he sat down in his cell to wait on the Hobbit to save them yet again.

-

Bilbo while invisible sneaks through the Woodland Realm looking for both an exit for Ayrn the dwarves and himself along with the keys for the cells the dwarves and Aryn have been locked in. Unknowingly Bilbo comes to the King's chambers, Thranduil suddenly steps out from behind a corner and seemingly addresses him. Bilbo gives a little start, thinking that his invisibility doesn't work. "I know you're there. Why do you linger in the shadows?" The king says making Bilbo's heart race.

Bilbo is petrified, thinking he has been found out, when suddenly Tauriel steps out of the shadows behind him. Realizing that the king was talking to her, Bilbo sighs in relief. "I was coming to report to you." She says fingering a beautiful silver key on a chain around her neck, "I thought I ordered that nest to be destroyed not two moons past." The King says as he pours himself a drink. "We cleared the forest as ordered, my lord, but more spiders keep coming up from the south. They are spawning in the ruins of Dol Guldur; if we could kill them at their source- "

But Thranduil interrupted Tauriel. "That fortress lies beyond our borders. Keep our lands clear of those foul creatures, that is your task." "And when we drive them off, what then? Will they not spread to other lands?" Tauriel argues back respectfully, letting the key lay against her chest, "Other lands are not my concern. The fortunes of the world will rise and fall, but here in this kingdom, we will endure." Thranduil says back cruelly. Seeing a way out of this area Bilbo sneaks away; Thranduil, hearing a noise caused by Bilbo, looks his way. However, he looks back at Tauriel as she bows and walks away.

-

Several hours had passed and the Elves were celebrating the Mereth-en-Gilith, the Feast of Starlight. Aryn knew of it from the kingdom that had been near her village, they loved the starlights and often asked if her people wanted to join them, they usually let the children go with the elders and the younger shifters so that it was easier for the adult to keep watch. In his cell, Kili inspects a shiny black stone with an engraving in his hand. He flips it in the air and catches it on the back of his hand. 

Tauriel is checking on all the prisoners; she pauses at Kili's cell. "The stone in your hand, what is it?" she asks curious about the stone and him, "It is a talisman. A powerful spell lies upon it. If any but a dwarf reads the runes on this stone, they will be forever cursed." Kili quickly holds up the stone toward Tauriel, and she steps back slightly. She begins to walk away, but stops when Kili speaks again, in a laughing manner. "Or not, depending on whether you believe that kind of thing. It's just a token." 

Kili smiles, and Tauriel smiles as well. "A runestone. My mother gave it to me so I'd remember my promise."  turning more towards Kili's cell, Tauriel asks, "What promise?" "That I will come back to her." Kili answers sweetly, Ayrn can't help but turn her head in their direction and smile, it reminded her of how Aramon and her had fallen in love, the stubborn fool had given her his grandmother's locket, an image of him already in it, and if she accepted his marriage proposal she only needed to add her own photo.