6. The Council of Elrond.

Third person's point of view.

The following morning, at the Council of Elrond. Gandalf and Frodo along with a congregation of Men, Elves and Dwarves sit in a semi-circle around a stone pedestal. "Strangers from distant lands, friends of old. You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor." Ayrn had taken a seat between Aragorn and several other Men from other regions, Kili had greeted her with Gloin and Tauriel, and it was a lovely reunion and got better when Legolas came over to say his greeting, 

Elrond speaking again drew Ayrn's attention again, "Middle-Earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate — this one doom." Elrond says gesturing to the pedestal, "Bring forth the Ring, Frodo." Frodo from his seat beside Gandalf and Bilbo moved over to the Ring on the pedestal. "So it is true..." the Gondorian said leaning forward in his seat, Frodo returns to his seat beside Gandalf. He seems relieved. 

But Ayrn is on edge, her hand is burning and her head is pounding, the members of the Council stare at the Ring, mesmerised by it. It appears to start whispering to each of them in turn. Each person hears it differently. But Aragorn is looking at Ayrn, he senses her pain and discomfort, holding her shaking hand she sets her other over top of his, "Thank you," she whispers and he nods, Kili, Tauriel, Gloin, and Legolas watch them for a moment before one of the Men speaks up, "The Doom of Men."

Boromir, ignoring the man, rises to address the Council, "In a dream, I saw the eastern sky grow dark. But in the West a pale light lingered. A voice was crying: 'Your doom is near at hand.'" He says as he approaches the Ring on the plinth. "Isildur's Bane is found." Ayrn is watching Boromir and her hand slips from Aragorn's to the handle of her whip at her hip, Boromir reaches out towards the Ring. Gandalf, Ayrn and Elrond exchange concerned looks. Boromir's fingers hover above the Ring.

"Isildur's Bane." Another faceless man utters, Elrond leaps up. "Boromir!" but Ayrn and Gandalf are quicker. Ayrn has her whip uncoiled and snapped it to wrap around Boromir's upper body. while Gandalf stands and begins to chant in the Black Speech. The ring echoes the harsh words. Thunder crackles as the sky darkens. The Council stare around them in fear and confusion. Ayrn yanks Boromir back and he falls onto his back near her feet, he looks up at her and realizes that she's decked out in full white, blue, and silver armor.

"Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul." [One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them.] Gandalf chanted, the voice of the Ring dies away. People resume their seats, horrified. Boromir was too busy realizing that Ayrn it one of the warriors he grew up hearing about, her race of Shifter was filled with power, pride and beauty. He hates that he didn't recognize her the day before. 

"Never before has any voice uttered the words of that tongue here in Imladris!" Elrond said sitting down heavily into his chair, Gandalf with a raspy voice from the force of the words and the language, "I do not ask your pardon, Master Elrond, for the Black Speech of Mordor may yet be heard in every corner of the West! The Ring is altogether evil!" Gandalf finished while giving Boromir a final scathing glance and resumes his seat. Boromir is unperturbed.

Still restrained, Boromir spoke, "It is a gift. A gift to the foes of Mordor. Why not use this Ring?" he says getting to his knees, "Long has my father, the Steward of Gondor, kept the forces of Mordor at bay. By the blood of our people are your lands kept safe! Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy. Let us use it against him!" Ayrn tsked, her mood souring at this boy's reasoning, "You cannot wield it! None of us can. The One Ring answers to Sauron alone. It has no other master." Aragorn argued speaking up for the first time,