2. Finding Gandalf and Talk in Dale.

Third person's point of view.

Ayrn had been seated on the wall watching the road that leads to the now blocked gates of Erebor, she wasn't assigned this but she does it because she feels that someone is coming and will need her help, and sure enough with the rise of the morning sun, Galadriel shows up. She's alone and bare of any weapons and footwear. Rushing inside, Aryn told the first Dwarf she found to tell Thorin she would be gone for a few days and would be back as soon as she could. 

Balin being that dwarf was worried, even with Thorin not as affected by the hoard as he feared he would become, he would still be in a sour mood when his fiancee took off without telling him personally. Balin really didn't want to be the one to tell Thorin, but Aryn had trusted him with this and he would tell Thorin exactly what she had told him word for word. Aryn having rushed to her room she stripped out of her armor and clothing.

Though she was unable to maneuver the stairs in her animal form she knew she would need to shift quickly, so in nothing but a thick cloak she went outside and met with the Lady of Light. "Are you as worried about Gandalf as I am?" Ayrn asked and the Elf Elder nodded. Taking off the cloak Galadriel held it while Ayrn shifted. When she was done, Galadriel climbed on and Ayrn took off. 

-

When they reached Dol Guldur, Galadriel made Ayrn wait outside until she called for her. As much as the Shifter wanted to go inside with her she knew she couldn't fight without her weapons and would have to settle for being the getaway ride. About an hour and a half Ayrn was alone outside, she had almost attacked Elrond and Saruman when they showed up on horseback, 

But when she saw it was them she rushed them to get inside. For almost three hours she paced nervously for some kind of call or signal from the White Council inside, suddenly Galadriel's voice in Ayrn's head calling for her had her running inside at top speed. Racing through several of the Nazgul her horn kept them from touching her, rushing to Galadriel and Gandalf she got down onto her belly and let the white lady push the weak wizard onto her back.

"He is weak. He cannot remain here - It is draining his life. Go! Quickly!" Galadriel told Ayrn, as the shifter was about to climb to her feet Gandalf reaches back and grabs Galadriel's arm. He speaks to her, his voice still hoarse and weak. "Come with me, my Lady." Galadriel looks at him sadly, then pulls her arm away with an effort. Her skin becomes white and her eyes and body shine with a strange, powerful, and dark light. She turns to face the Nazgul.

"NO!" As Ayrn runs off Gandalf clinging to her back, Galadriel lays on the floor, surrounded by fighting Nazgul and Elrond and Saruman. Eventually, Elrond and Saruman manage to kill all the Nazgul, and they pause for breath. As they approach Galadriel to see if she's alright, the wind picks up, then a nearby tower explodes in a massive ball of fire. In its place is the flaming eye of Sauron. Saruman and Elrond flinch in the face of its power. 

-

The force of her power extinguishes the Eye's flames and sends Sauron hurtling into the sky. Galadriel's powerful form disappears, and she staggers; Elrond catches her as she collapses. Sauron can be seen hurtling toward the horizon, presumably to land in Mordor. Gandalf and Ayrn stop and look; Gandalf, holding his sword, is looking better. Getting out of Dol Guldur Gandalf nudges Ayrn towards Erebor.

"We must warn the dwarves, quickly." tossing her head in a nod she took off speeding as quickly as she could, Ayrn races rapidly through a plain. Pushing as hard as she could as she could feel that the ring she had given Thorin was starting to fade because she wasn't there to keep it powered with her healing magic. 

-

In Dale, the people are preparing for war, sharpening swords and collecting supplies. They jump out of the way as Ayrn gallops into town, Gandalf on her back. "Let us through! Make way!" Gandalf snaps. Gandalf dismounts in the main courtyard and looks surprised to see men drilling with swords and companies of elves marching by. Alfrid comes up to him and Ayrn, upset. "No, No, NO! Oi! You - pointy hat!" 

Gandalf looks to Ayrn with mocking surprise on his face, she gives him about as much of a shrug as she can and Gandalf turns to look at him. "Yes, you. We don't want no tramps, beggars nor vagabonds around here. We got enough trouble without the likes of you. Off you go! On your horse." at the mere mention of being called a horse, Ayrn snorts and stomps at the short human, squeaking in fear he jumps away from her.

"Who's in charge here?!" Gandalf asks sharply, Bard walks up. "Who is asking?"

-

A little bit later, Gandalf is meeting with Ayrn, Bard, and Thranduil in a tent. "You must set aside your petty grievances with the dwarves. War is coming! The cesspits of Dol Guldur have been emptied. You're ALL in mortal danger!" confused and more than a little worried, Bard asks, "What are you talking about?" but Thranduil answers, "I can see you know nothing of wizards. They are like winter thunder on a wild wind rolling in from a distance, breaking hard in alarm. But sometimes a storm is just a storm." 

Ayrn was getting frustrated with this elf. "Armies of orcs are on the move. And these are fighters! They have been bred for war. Our enemy has summoned his full strength." looking at Ayrn he frowned, "Why show his hand now?" "Because we forced him! We forced him when the company of Thorin Oakenshield set out to reclaim their homeland. The dwarves were never meant to reach Erebor; Azog the Defiler was sent to kill them. His master seeks control of the mountain. Not just for the treasure within, but for where it lies, its strategic position." Gandalf snapped.

As Gandalf talks, they have left the tent and walked outside to a spot from where they can clearly see the gates of Erebor. "This is the gateway to reclaiming the lands of Angmar in the north. If that fell kingdom should rise again, Rivendell, Lothlorien, the Shire, even Gondor itself will fall! Just like Ayrn's kingdom did!" Ayrn frowned she didn't want that to happen anywhere else. "These orc armies you speak of, Mithrandir - Where are they?" Thranduil asks but Gandalf is unable to answer.