1. Reunited and Proposals.

Third person's point of view.

Ayrn, Fili, Kili, Bofur, and Oin climb up the Lonely Mountain. As they approach the gates, they stop in shock and fear as they see the destruction caused by Smaug as he smashed through the front gate to fly out of the mountain. They look at each other, then run into the halls of Erebor. Bofur calls out, his voice echoing in the silence. "Hello! Bombur? Bifur? Anybody?" They clamber through the halls, looking for their kin. As they run down a staircase, Bilbo runs up toward them from another part of the city, calling out.

"WAIT! WAIT!" Looking to where Bilbo was calling to them, he was rushing down some stairs. "It's Bilbo! He's alive!" Oin cheered, "Stop! Stop! Stop!" Bilbo cried. They meet each other in a corridor. "You need to leave. We all need to leave." Bilbo said but Ayrn wouldn't hear of it. Out stepping the others she followed the echoes of talking and footsteps. Coming to a landing Ayrn looked over the sea of gold and treasure, and found her King Under the Mountain in his royal robes and gold crown.

"Amrâlimê, Welcome to your new home," Thorin said seeing her. She didn't know what to do though, she could see love in his eyes but it wasn't the same as it was when they were traveling together with the others, coming up behind her were Fili and Kili, upon seeing them Thorin smiled again, "Behold - the great treasure hoard of Thror." He suddenly flings something high into the air to where the dwarves are standing on a stairwell landing, and Fili catches it. It is a giant bloodred jewel. 

"Welcome, my sister's sons, to the kingdom of EREBOR." The newly-come dwarves enter the room where the other dwarves are, and they greet each other warmly with massive hugs. Ayrn exhausted from all her galloping around, sits heavily in a chair and lets the dwarves already a few days settled into Erebor greet her with hugs and hellos. She looks around for Thorin but he was nowhere to be seen. "He's still in the treasure hoard, has been for three days now," Dwalin said coming up beside her.   

She raised her brows at him, "Oh really now? Well, it's time to fix that then." getting up she stripped off her armor and kept on her other clothing she made sure she wasn't wearing anything hard to remove. Walking to the treasure hoard she found him exactly where he was an hour ago, pacing the cluttered paths of the sea of gold and treasure. "Thorin!" she called to him, looking at her his eyes seemed to shift as if he was seeing another piece of treasure and not the woman he had fallen in love with.

-Warning slight smut coming- 

Ayrn saw this too and planned to change that right this second. Curling her finger at him and smiling at him erotically he didn't seem to hesitate to climb the stairs to get to her, but every time he got within a few feet of her, she would move and he would follow to try and catch her. Thorin didn't want to stop looking for the Arkenstone because he knew he wanted to cut it and turn it into something he could present to Ayrn, in the hopes of asking her to marry him, following her to his old room he found her sitting in a chair.

Her back was to him and she was dressed in only a navy blue shirt. His navy blue shirt. His jaw dropped at this, he had seen her naked before all unintentionally and for fighting reasons but now that it wasn't for that it was completely different. He was looking at her completely differently and he didn't know if he was going to be able to hold back. "Thorin...come here," Aryn said pulling the Dwarf King out of his thoughts and back on her. Stipping off his cloak he tossed it onto the bench at the foot of the bed.   

Kicking off his boots as he walked over to her he knelt at her feet and she plucked his crown off his head and set it on the pillow on the dresser before enveloping him in a hug that pressed his head into her chest and the softness of her slightly exposed breasts. Sighing in content he wrapped his arms around her and smiled against her warm and silky skin. "I missed you Amrâlimê," he said softly his beard tickling her skin as his warm breath fanned her collarbone. 

Picking his head up off her chest he looked deep into her blue-purple eyes, "I hated leaving you behind, I will never do that again. Never ever again." cupping his cheeks she leaned into him for a kiss. Their second kiss since first confessing to each other, overpowered by their love for each other Ayrn opened her knees so Thorin could kneel closer to her, but he surprised her by grabbing her by the thighs and picking her up off the chair. She was heavy but not nearly as heavy as he thought she'd be. 

Walking them to his big bed he dropped her down onto it, all without breaking their kiss. Her hands slipped from his shoulder to under his tunic. She quickly undid everything and slipped the clothing from his shoulders and let it pool around his feet. In only his trousers and leather belt, she was quick to get that out of her way as well. Leaning over her he held her jaw with gentle hands, "Wait I want to give you something." Thorin panted out, confused but curious she nodded, sitting up he sat knelt next to her on the bed. 

Pulling something out of his pocket he held it out to her, his face was flushed and dark red, Ayrn smiled and looked at the small bead that sat in the palm of his hand. Looking it over she smiled it was beautifully crafted as was expected of the Dwarves. "I will need you to explain why giving me a bead will make you blush so much, Thorin. I am much more familiar with the elven customs but a lot is still a mystery to me about that of the Dwarves." When he didn't look at her she guided his face to meet hers. "Thorin?" scratching the back of his head he finally met her eyes, but he still looked embarrassed though. 

"It's different because you aren't a dwarf, but more or less consider it an engagement ring of sorts." Taking it she let it sit in her hand, it was silver and had the same carving as the ones in Thorin's hair did but her's had a sapphire worked into it. Smiling at the stone she was set on this and was surprised because she was actually going to do the same thing. Giggling sweetly, Thorin looked at her surprised, "Why are you laughing?" a bit angry he wasn't expecting her to laugh, "It's a happy laugh, Thorin. Don't worry." relaxing he smiled a bit. "But why did you laugh?" Pulling out the ring she had found months ago.

She held it out to him. "I found this, the person who had it was so marred by torture that I had no way of identifying him, but this fell from his hand when he passed on. I don't know if you knew him, I could tell he barely remembered himself." Taking the ring Thorin looked at me, his eyes blurry with recognition for the ring. "You met my father. You found him when I could not." Ayrn frowned, "I'm sorry did you not want to know-?" he stopped her worried head shake with a sad smile. "No I'm glad to know, it's closure for me." Ayrn smiled, "He's in a better place and is probably smiling down on you." Thorin smiled and thanked Ayrn.

Taking the ring from him she slipped it onto his finger, and he looked much stronger, "It feels much lighter like an evil was removed from it, what did you do?" Ayrn shrugged. "I don't know, maybe positive thinking. Anyway if it helps you keep your fears of becoming your Grandfather and father at bay then more power to you," she said and held out a section of hair to Thorin. His eyes widened a bit. "Are you accepting?" she smiled, "I wouldn't be holding out my hair like this if I weren't, would I?" he shook his head and quickly braided her hair and slipped the bead onto the braid. 

"I love you, my King Under the Mountain." She said leaning her head against his, "I love you, my Queen to be."