8. A Journey in the Dark - part 1.

Third person's point of view.

The Fellowship departs from Rivendell as the sun's rays pierce the valley. They travel through the woods, over open plains and hillsides. Ayrn makes it her job to carry any of the Hobbits should they tire of walking just to keep the rest of the group moving, they pause on a hill in the wild. "We must hold this course west of the Misty Mountains for forty days. If our luck holds, the Gap of Rohan will still be open to us. From there our road turns east to Mordor." Gandalf said,

Sitting in an outcrop of rocks and boulders, the company stopping for a while to eat, sit and take a breather, Sam cooks sausage and other food over a fire, climbing up onto a rock beside Frodo. The Fellowship is resting while Ayrn is keen on keeping her eyes on the horizon. Boromir spars with Merry and Pippin, tutoring them on sword fighting. He battles with Pippin. "Two, one, five. Good. Very good." Boromir said with each move of the sword,

Aragorn sits nearby, smoking a pipe. He speaks encouragement. "Move your feet." "You look good, Pippin." Merry complements, "Thanks." Pippin says back with a quick smile, Boromir smiling as well, smirks, "Faster!" Merry says and Boromir picks up the pace, as the Hobbits spar with Boromir, Gimlí approaches Gandalf. Ayrn sees this and frowns, she knows what Gimlí wants to do but it's dangerous, the Halls of Moria are lost to the Dwarves, going would mean death.

"If anyone was to ask for my opinion, which I note they're not, I'd say we were taking the long way around. Gandalf, we could pass through the Mines of Moria. My cousin, Balin, would give us a royal welcome." Gimlí boasts, Gandalf takes a pipe he was smoking from his mouth. Faint surprise registers in his eyes. Looking to Ayrn she shakes her head slightly and he nods, "No Gimli, I would not take the road through Moria unless I had no other choice." Gandalf says,

Legolas notices something amiss and looks intently towards the South. Ayrn sensing Legolas' worry moved over to him and set her hand on his shoulder, "What do you see?" She asked while his eyes focused more, "Danger." Nodding She moved to speak with Aragorn. Meanwhile, Boromir continues to fight Pippin. "Come on. Good." Boromir praises, but Boromir accidentally nicks Pippin's hand. "Aaaah!" Pippin screamed while droppings sword to clutch his hand.

Ayrn instantly at Pippin's side pulled his hands apart to look at where he'd been hurt, all while Boromir tried to apologize. After treating Pippin's hand, Ayrn stood up and faced off with Boromir. "raise your sword," she snapped and light white lightning she had her's out and was showing everyone the proper manuver, flooring Boromir, she leaned over him and glared, "Learn your sword-play and master it before you move on to teaching it." she said before moving back over to Aragorn.

Legolas continues to look to the South, where a strange cloud has appeared. Sam takes notice of Legolas's observation. "What is that?" but the red headed dwarf just waves his hand dissmissively, "Nothing, it's just a whiff of cloud." "It's moving fast... against the wind." Ayrn said looking back in the direction Legolas had been keeping watch, "Crebain from Dunland!" Legolas shouted figuring out what was coming, "Hide!" Aragorn snapped while grabbing the belongings near him.

"Hurry!" Boromir shouted, Ayrn then shoves him into a spot with Merry and Pippin, throwing a dark cloak over them to hide them, Aragorn rushes around, getting the Fellowship out of sight. "Frodo! Hurry! Take cover!" Aragorn shouted while Ayrn pacing around making sure everyone was out of sight had forgotten to hide herself, but Aragorn was quick and yanked her into his spot making sure his dark clothing hid her from view, his storm grey eyes keeping watch as she stared at his face, enjoying the view, even in the situation they were in.

The Fellowship scrambles to gather their things, and Sam puts out the fire. They hide behind rock outcroppings and under bushes. They wait. In a burst of darkness against the light of day, a flock of black birds rushes overhead, cawing loudly. The birds circle the hill, then turn and fly back Southward. The Fellowship comes out from the rocks. "Spies of Saruman! The passage South is being watched." Gandalf said while climbing out from his hiding spot with Gimli.

"We must take the Pass of Caradhras." he says as he turns to look up at a great, snowy mountain.