8. Azog the Defiler.

Ayrn runs down the mountain after the rest of the Company. Far in front of her, Gandalf pauses to count how many dwarves are with him. The dwarves pause to collect their breath. Gandalf turns and stops to count the racing Company members, Ayrn right beside him, as they run, "Five, six, seven, eight...Bifur, Bofur...that's ten...Fili, Kili...that's twelve...and Bombur ­ that makes thirteen." Gandalf frowned and turned to Ayrn.

"Where's Bilbo?" Aryn getting angry now turned to the company, "Where is our Hobbit? Where is our hobbit?!" Dwalin looking around growled out, "Curse the halfling! Now he's lost?!" Gloin shouted out "I thought he was with Dori!" looking to Dori, Aryn frowned. Opening her mouth to say something Dori cut her off, "Don't blame me!" kneeling in front of him she held his arm firmly, getting him to focus on her.

"Well, where did you see him last?" but he didn't answer her, Nori did. "I think I saw him slip away when they first collared us." Getting up she took a step to rush back towards where they came out of but Thorin had seen her do this and grabbed her arm and stopped her, "What are you doing?" turning to him, she glared. "Well, someone has to go look for him!" Thorin frowned, "Why? Master Baggins has thought of nothing but his soft bed and his warm hearth since first he stepped out of his door! We will not be seeing our Hobbit again. He is long gone."

Ayrn was getting frustrated now, her motherly instincts kicking in making her feel as though she needed to protect the young hobbit, his small form reminded her too much of her son's small form, and that alone send her mind to the thoughts of him dead and she had to fight back tears of anger and sadness. "No, he isn't." Bilbo steps out from behind the tree, no longer invisible. The dwarves look up in shock and relief. Gandalf laughs as he speaks.

Aryn ecstatic reaches out for the hobbit and holds him close hugging him tightly, as the others question him, Ayrn ignoring them set Bilbo down and lets a breath she didn't know she was holding out only to panic as she was the only one with enhanced animalistic hearing and was able to hear the howls of Wargs echo off the mountains and trees. When the company hear the howling, they realize they are in danger.

"Out of the frying pan..." Thorin growls out, "...and into the fire! Run! RUN!" Gandalf finished. Thorin grabbing Ayrn's hand pulled her after him as everyone followed Gandalf down the mountain. They all start running down the mountain as fast as they can. The Wargs follow them rapidly; it becomes nighttime.

Soon the foremost Warg catches up to the group and leaps at Bilbo; Bilbo ducks behind a rock and the Warg's jaws snap in the air over his head. The Warg lands in front of him. Growling, it charges at him. Bilbo pulls out his sword and holds it in front of him; the charging Warg impales itself in the head on the sword and falls down dead. Bilbo looks on in surprise. "Bilbo!" Ayrn shouts going back for him, despite Thorin's shouts.

Yanking the hobbit free she pulled him after her and towards the others. A few more Wargs catch up to the fleeing dwarves, but they are quickly dispatched. The Company reaches a large outcropping of land with a few trees growing on it; they are trapped there, as there is no way off the outcropping besides a great fall down the mountain. "Up into the trees, all of you! Come on, climb! Bilbo, Ayrn, climb!" Gandalf shouted.

Bifur throws an axe, killing a Warg which was approaching him. Bofur jumps off a rock and grabs a tree branch, using Dwalin's head as a stepping stone to the tree. Other dwarves begin climbing into the trees as well. Aryn grabs Bilbo under the arms and heaves him into a tree before running towards another and leaping up to the highest branches and holding strong as Wargs barked and tried to get her and the others in the trees.

Dozens of Wargs circle the trees in which the Company members are perched. Gandalf reaches out with his staff and picks up a moth sitting in the same tree as him. Bringing the moth close to his face, he whispers to it; he then blows it gently, causing it to flutter away. The Wargs cease their growling and turn as the White Warg, with Azog on its back, approaches slowly. Thorin and Ayrn look at Azog in shock and anger.