12. Balin's Tomb.

Third person's point of view.

Gandalf gives his staff and hat to Pippin, bends down, and takes a large and battered book from a corpse's hands. He opens it and clears the dirt from its pages. Gimli from the foot of Balin's tomb is sobbing softly and chanting almost inaudibly, "Kilmin malur ni zaram kalil ra narag. Kheled-zâram... Balin tazlifi." Ayrn is crying softly as well, Aragorn is at her side with his hand in hers to reassure her of his support.

Legolas sensing danger stepped over to Aragorn and Ayrn, "We must move on, we cannot linger!" Ayrn sensing the same thing is overcome with worry and temporarily sets aside her grief, moving back to the doors slowly to listen as she moves, Gandalf reads from the book he'd found, the Author's style telling Ayrn it was Ori who'd scribbled the battle. "'They have taken the bridge... and the second hall.'"

Gimli stopped sobbing and looks up blankly. "'We have barred the gates... but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes.'" Gandalf continued, Pippin, still holding hat and staff, backs away. "'Drums... drums... in the deep.'" Gandalf looks up slowly and turns the smudged, bloodstained page. The Fellowship begins to glance around uncomfortably. Ayrn is still near the door and is keeping watch as she listens, 

"'We cannot get out. A shadow moves in the dark.'" Gandalf adds, Pippin stumbles back and sees a corpse with an arrow in its chest, sitting by a stone well. He turns towards it as Gandalf is still reading. "'We cannot get out...'" Gandalf glances at the last, single line, a scrawl fading out at the bottom of the page. Gandalf looks up in the uncomfortable silence as he reads the last line, "'They are coming!'"

The silence is broken by Pippin. Curious, he reaches out and lightly twists the arrow in the corpse. The skull slips off, falling into the well with a resounding crash. Pippin turns to face him, looking guilty. As he does, the rest of the corpse slips into the well, dragging with it a chain and bucket. The noise echoes from hall to hall far below. Pippin winces at each wave of noise.

Gandalf, slamming the book shut, glares at Pippin, "Fool of a Took! Throw yourself in next time and rid us of your stupidity!" He snarls as he yanks his hat and staff from the Hobbit's hands. Gandalf turns away. Pippin stands still, awkwardly. Drums are heard booming. Gandalf slowly turns back, and Pippin turns as well, staring down into the well. More drums are heard booming. "Frodo!" Sam gasps looking at his friend's glowing sword. 

Sting glows blue as Frodo draws it out more for everyone to see, Gandalf's own sword Glamdering is also lit up by the approaching presence of the Orcs. "Orcs!" Legolas growls, Boromir rushes towards Ayrn and they both look down the hall. Arrows hiss into the door near his face one almost gets him, but Ayrn pulls him back as Aragorn drops his torch and runs to them. 

Aragorn turns to the Hobbits as he nears Ayrn and Boromir, "Get back! You stay close to Gandalf!" Ayrn and Boromir shut the doors and share a look of concern. A bellow can be heard just outside. "Is that—?" he starts and she nods, "Yup," she answers dryly. Boromir laughs nervously, as Aragorn rushes over, "They have a cave troll." he announces, making Aragorn sigh and shook his head, "That isn't good." he says and Ayrn chuckles.

"It's not so bad, I've fought plenty of theses things, should be easy," she says, Legolas shakes his head, "Yeah but then you had armies fighting with you and a battle-trained dwarf with you as well the King of Mirkwood," he teased, "Not to mention there will be scores of orcs and were only 6 highly trained warriors looking out for 4 hobbits who haven't been trained long enough to be considered a fair chance," he finished, 

"You just love to rub the salt in the wound don't you," she said sarcastically, Legolas answered her by tosses weapons to them to blockade the door. The Fellowship then drew out their weapons. Gandalf throws away his hat and pulls out his sword. Standing back, Legolas, Aragorn, and Ayrn have their bows drawn aimed at the door, while Boromir is behind them with his shield raised and his sword held aloft,